If you’re looking for the best and most affordable wellness retreats, you’re in the right place. Learn more about the Art of Living Retreat Center’s history, awards, accolades, and press releases below.
Katie Barr Cornish
For those on a journey toward greater self-awareness and happiness, the Art of Living Retreat Center offers nourishing support and thoughtful space so you can discover peace, transformation, and a deeper connection with yourself and others.
For those seeking physical and internal renewal on their journey, Shankara Ayurveda Wellness provides a nurturing environment and service-oriented, educated staff. The relaxing mountaintop location near Boone, North Carolina, offers wellness adventurers a range of therapeutic Ayurvedic treatments and day or overnight programs perfect for those hoping to cultivate rejuvenation and inner growth.
Situated at a height of 3,700 feet in the Blue Ridge Mountains and spread over 380 acres, Shankara Ayurveda Wellness is one part of the experience at the Art of Living Retreat Center. Including a boutique hotel with three suites, 27 hotel rooms, 300 retreat rooms, vegetarian dining, an alcohol-free environment, as well as wellness and fitness activities.
The Art of Living Retreat Center Meditation Hall can hold up to 3,700 people, and we have additional halls for events. Our campus has a 41,000-square-foot Dining Hall with mountain views, a labyrinth, a pottery studio, gardens, and gorgeous hiking trails. Founded by humanitarian and spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, the Retreat Center is the centerpiece of the Art of Living in North America. AOL is present in 152 countries and reaches an estimated 300 million people with a vision of individual and social stewardship in society.
- September 2020: 21 Best Spiritual and Yoga Retreats in the US; vacationidea.com
- August 2020: Ayurveda Tips for Summer; wellandgood.com
- August 2020: Self-Care: 9 Tips for Choosing the Best Health and Wellness Retreat for You; medium.com
- Your Brain on Yoga; yogapose.com
- May 2020: 8 Trips You Should Book—Even if You’re Scared; thediscoverer.com
- May 2020: “Travel” Around The Globe Straight From Your Couch; BELLA Magazine
- May 2020: Our Favorite Hotels Released Their Top-Secret Recipes—And We Can’t Stop Making Them; Conde Nast Traveler
- April 2020: How to Take Care of Your Mental Health During the Pandemic; Community Psychiatry
- April 2020: How the Coronavirus Pandemic has Decimated the Wellness Tourism Industry; sports.yahoo.com
- April 2020: 23 Easy Ways You Can Be a Healthier Person During Quarantine; bestlifeonline.com
- Spring 2020: How to Take Care of Your Mental Health During the Pandemic; Bridal Guide
- Spring 2020: How to Heal from Heartbreak; Wellness Lounge.
- March 2020: Amazing Spa and Wellness Resorts in the US; AskOliveJames.com
- September 2019: An N.C. Escape to Art of Living Retreat Center. Live the Process
- August 2019: Shankara Spa at the Art Of Living Retreat Center by Maggie Connelly, Skin Inc
- June 2019: Featured in Travel and Leisure
- June 2019: The Best Vacation You’ll Ever Take – Shape Magazine
- January 2019: – 919 Magazine
- January 2019: 5 New Year’s Detox Tips to Borrow From Ayurveda – Byrdie.com
- December 2018: Art of Living Retreat Review – Danielle Omar, Blog
- December 2018: Lose Weight Naturally with Ayurveda – Danielle Omar, Blog
- December 2018: 3 Grown-Up Getaways That Serve Up Serious R+R – NJ Family
- July/August 2018: Ayurveda Retreats – Organic Spa
- July 2018: “Best Health and Wellness Resort 2018 (Runner-Up)” – USA Today 10 Best
- July 2018: 16 Yoga Retreats That Are Completely Worth It – Healthy Way
- July 2018: Venerable weight loss retreat isn’t just about shedding pounds anymore AJC
- July 2018: Travel Directory – Shankara Ayurveda Spa Goop
- July 2018: This Surprisingly Simple Ancient Trick Can Help You Poop Better – Real Simple
- March 2018:
5 Yoga Poses Pitta Doshas Should Try to Cultivate Inner Peace and Happiness – Well+Good
- March 2018:
5 Yoga Poses Vata Doshas Can Do To Help Reduce Anxiety – Well+Good
- March 2018:
4 Yoga poses Kapha Doshas Can Do to Boost Energy and Stimulate Digestion – Well+Good
- March 2018: The ‘Book the U.S.’ List – Booking.com
- March 2018: The most unique places to stay in the USA – USA Today
- March 2018: Three Days of Peaceful Bliss at the Art of Living Retreat Center – Peanut Butter Runner
- February 2018: Namaste around the south – DeSoto Magazine
- January 2018: 5 Relaxing Escapes to Refresh & Recharge – Style BluePrint Online
- January 2018: Exclusive: new Wellness Tourism Association wants to be ‘voice of the industry’ – Spa Opportunities UK
- January 2018: I Went On a Wellness Retreat As a Last-Ditch Effort to Get Healthy – Shape
Kimberly Rossi, Director, Shankara Ayurveda Wellness
Venkat Srinivasan, Director, Operations & Faculty