Before you arrive ...
We are delighted to have you as our guest. In the spirit of keeping our Ayurveda services and therapies authentic and ensuring an enjoyable, relaxing experience for all, we have put together the following information for you. Please let us know how we may best support your needs.
- Please check in at Shankara Ayurveda Wellness Reception, located on the first floor 10–15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Not all Ayurvedic treatments can be shortened to accommodate late arrivals. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may not be able to receive your treatment.
- Clients ages 18 and younger must have a signed release form, same-sex therapist, and a parent or guardian present in the room to receive a treatment.
- Shankara Ayurveda Wellness is an environment where adults can relax; children ages 13 and younger are not permitted in the building.
- Women who are menstruating and receiving the Abhyanga, please speak with Concierge about alternatives.
- A substantial amount of oil is used in both Abhyanga and Shirodhara on both hair and body.
- Quiet hours are observed all day, every day. We suggest leaving your electronics behind and using a whisper in our relaxation and tea lounges.
- An 18% service charge is added to all services as a gratuity for your therapist. This amount can be adjusted up or down, based on your satisfaction.
- Guests will be charged for the full cost of the treatment for missed appointments or cancellations within 24 hours of the appointment time.
- Clients receiving a marma stay fully clothed during the treatment. Please arrive wearing comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- You may arrive in a robe or your clothes. Robes and lockers are provided for you.
- It is customary in Ayurveda to steam after treatments, please leave 10-15 minutes after your treatment for this.
We are delighted to have you as our guest. Please let us know how we may best support your needs.