It’s Superbowl Sunday! Many people are busy today attending viewing parties to watch the game, but what about those who aren’t interested in watching football? We’ve got 10 things for you to do instead—some you can even do sitting on the couch next to your sports fan!
1. Create a home meditation space and then spend some quality time meditating. Be sure to use headphones if you need to shut out the cheering from the other room. Here are some Meditation 101 beginner guides:
Guided Meditations for Beginners
The Body Scan
Find more, search “meditation” on our blog.
2. Maybe you don’t want to watch the game, but you can still cook for the party!
3. Indulge! Draw a relaxing bath and try one of these Ayurvedic facials and don’t forget a marma point facial massage and abhyanga!
4. Discover your dosha! You can start a new daily routine, design a menu based on dosha-specific foods, and even discover what dosha is likely the best for you to partner with!
5. Treat yourself to a day of YOU. Read a book, take a class, write, paint, anything that gives you pleasure (and a break).
Appreciate What You Create! Check out The Zentangle Method, coming in April.
6. Create your own yoga retreat. Start the day with a nutritious breakfast and some homemade chai. Then, do some yoga!
7. Get outside! Spend time in nature! Try forest bathing, playing in the snow or at the beach (depending on where you live—just get out there! Getting outside in the fresh air and sunlight is particularly important if you suffer from SAD.
8. Grab a good book and snuggle with your partner while they watch the game! Suggestions? Reader’s Digest’s list of 100 books you must read before you die can be found here.
Also, many of our guest presenters have written life-changing books:
- Jedidiah Jenkins, To Shake the Sleeping Self
- John Pavlovitz, If God is Love, Don’t Be a Jerk
- Sunny Dawn Johnston, Invoking the Archangels: A Nine-Step Process to Heal Your Body, Mind, and Soul
- Laura McKowen, We Are the Luckiest: The Surprising Magic of a Sober Life
- Tina Lifford, The Little Book of Big Lies: A Journey into Inner Fitness
- Jeff Warren, Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics: A 10% Happier How-to Book
- Becky Vollmer, You Are Not Stuck: How Soul-Guided Choices Transform Fear into Freedom
- Rachel Macy Stafford, Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!
- The Ruiz Brothers, The Four Agreements
- Angelo Dilullo, Awake: It’s Your Turn
Have some ideas of your own? Share them on social media for all of the other non-football watchers out there! No matter what you do, remember all the people and things you have to be grateful for—those are the real trophies in life!