In Ayurveda Inspired, we explore seasonal recipes inspired by the rich legacy of Ayurvedic foods. While Ayurveda need not be Indian in its flavors, many of these recipes are infused with traditional flavors and textures. Others are seasonal favorites, inspired by the principles of Ayurveda.
Winter. It’s time to buckle down and stay warm, at least in the cold mountains of North Carolina. Winter is also when root vegetables like carrots become seasonably available and provide both nourishment and grounding.
- rice noodles
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chili
- salt/pepper to taste
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Boil noodles with salt and oil. Once soft rinse with cold water.
- At the same time, heat a pan with oil. When hot add cumin and finely chopped ginger.
- Once golden, add chopped carrots, zucchini, broccoli, salt, pepper and red chili.
- When the veggies are soft, add coconut milk and finely chopped basil.
- Add noodles, mix well and serve warm.