View a listing of all our programs, workshops, and events—including our best-selling Happiness Retreat, Silent Meditation Retreat, and Ayurveda Wellness Cleanses.
Spring is all about beautiful green vegetables, and the nutty, rich flavor of broccoli makes for a perfectly invigorating meal. Broccoli is chock full of beta-carotene, selenium, and zinc, which makes it a powerful immune system booster that helps protect the body against springtime illnesses. This broccoli soup is one of my favorite vegetarian recipes. It’s a creamy, indulgent, and healthy comfort food that requires very little prep time. To make matters even better, it’s gluten-free and dairy-free! Overall, this soup is a treat for your taste buds and a gift to your body.
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2-3 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Total Time: 20 minutes
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Saute for two minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and boil about ten minutes – until broccoli is completely cooked.
- Add black pepper, basil, and cashew butter. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add lemon juice and serve.
Enjoy your creamy, delicious, vegan cream of broccoli soup!