View a listing of all our programs, workshops, and events—including our best-selling Happiness Retreat, Silent Meditation Retreat, and Ayurveda Wellness Cleanses.
The ‘Personality Traits’ of the Ingredients
- Collards Greens are packed with fiber and are an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins A , C, E, K, folic acid, iron, calcium, magnesium. Their bitter taste aids in de-stagnation of the liver and enhances bile flow.
- Tamari contains digestive enzymes and provides that “umami” taste.
- Apple Cider Vinegar will give your stomach acid a boost and supports healthy blood sugar.
- Ginger enkindles the digestion fire, keeps us warm, and detoxifies unhealthy fat from the body.
- Ghee-the butyric acid in ghee nourishes the gut and provides a great source of healthy fat.
- Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds provide protein, are mineral rich and protect against free radicals.
Recipe: Sauteed Greens with Pumpkin & Sunflower SeedsIngredients
- 1 cup water
- About 10 cups washed, dried, and chopped fresh collard greens
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped ginger
- 1.5 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 c. toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1. In a large deep skillet, on medium heat, sauté the ginger until soft and slightly golden.
- Add the collard greens and mix well.
- Add the water, cover and reduce the heat to low and cook until the collard greens are tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the tamari and raw apple cider vinegar.
- Transfer to serving bowl and stir in the sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Small Group Inquiry Request
Note: You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your inquiry.
Our peak season runs April–November, so space fills up quickly during that time.