The Art of Living Retreat Center takes the health and safety of our guests, staff, and volunteers very seriously. As such, we’ve been closely monitoring information on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak being broadcast from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as our own state and local governing bodies. Our number one priority is the well-being of our community.
We continue to take all the precautionary measures recommended by CDC, and thankfully have not yet identified the virus within our community. Our staff members are all healthy and safe, and we continue to do our best to provide a safe and healthy environment for everyone of us.
As a community, we have decided to close temporarily from March 13 through April 24. At this point, we anticipate to open and start our programs on April 25, and will update you if that changes.
What steps are we taking?
- We will continue to monitor and follow the guidance of local and federal health authorities.
- We will continue to follow our standard practices of engaging in routine cleaning and disinfection processes that insure clean, sterilized surface areas. Hand sanitizer is being made available throughout the campus.
- Our staff and volunteers have been offered paid sick time and have been advised not to report to work if they are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms.
What steps would we encourage you to take?
We encourage you to follow sound hygiene practices, including
- Visit the CDC website for suggested prevention tips.
- Frequent hand washing with soap and use of hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and/or nose when you cough or sneeze (with a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hand).
- Avoid physical contact that may transmit germs—refrain from shaking hands, hugging, etc.
As always, we’re here to answer any questions you may have about your upcoming (or potentially upcoming) stay at the Art of Living Retreat center. Don’t hesitate to call us at 800.392.6870, or contact us at [email protected].