These delicious, nutritious lemon coconut protein bites will delight your tastebuds and nourish your body!
- 1 cup tigernut or almond flour
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 2 tbsp raw liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp raw coconut oil
Blend in food processor until ingredients turn into a big ball of dough. Do not over-process.
Fill muffin tins halfway with crust. Leave enough room for the vegan coconut icing!
Vegan coconut lemon icing
- 1 cup frozen coconut meat (de-thawed): available at Trader Joe’s
- 1 cup soaked and rinsed cashews
- 1/2 cup raw coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 serving vanilla plant-based protein powder of choice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
Blend until you reach a super creaming icing consistency. If still lumpy, add a bit more water and blend again till smooth.
Pour over crusts, and freeze. Ready when hard. Store in the freezer, and enjoy!
This article was first posted on gracevanberkum.com, and is republished with permission from the author.