View a listing of all our programs, workshops, and events—including our best-selling Happiness Retreat, Silent Meditation Retreat, and Ayurveda Wellness Cleanses.
- Puree or add chunks of squash to soups or use as a starch.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds in salads to add crunch.
- Bake pumpkin and squash with oil and salt as a side dish instead of fried potatoes.
- Stuff acorn squash with quinoa and kale or spinach for a healthy main dish.
- Add a sweet ending, such as pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread or pumpkin pudding.
Alternative Foods for FallSome fall ingredients with which you may not be as familiar:
- Chayote squash or turnip to make a hearty stew.
- An endive, pomegranate, and feta crumble salad is an effortless, yet tasty salad for fall.
- Persimmon smoothies for children because of the natural sweetness.
- Sweet fruits like apples and berries
- Sour fruits such as cranberries, lemons, and limes
- Sweet vegetables including corn and peas.
The Season for DetoxFall is the best time of year for a detox. If you are cleansing, here are a few tips:
- Follow a khichari diet for five days to help dissolve toxins. Khichari is a dish made from rice and lentils. It’s known for the ability to detox and balance the body.
- Avoid oily foods and overeating.
- Drink a glass of hot water before sleep.
Ayurveda Culinary Retreat
Want to learn more about the benefits of cooking for your dosha and building a connection with food, your kitchen, and cooking?
At-Home Seasonal Cleanse
Small Group Inquiry Request
Note: You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your inquiry.
Our peak season runs April–November, so space fills up quickly during that time.