View a listing of all our programs, workshops, and events—including our best-selling Happiness Retreat, Silent Meditation Retreat, and Ayurveda Wellness Cleanses.
Prediabetes SymptomsOftentimes, patients experience no symptoms of prediabetes. In fact, according to the CDC, only 10% of people ever realize that they have prediabetes. However, when symptoms do occur, they are typically similar to less-severe versions of type II diabetes symptoms, such as
- Darkened skin on the neck, armpits, elbows, knees, or knuckles
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Blurred vision.
Prediabetes Risk FactorsThere are many factors that can put you at a higher risk of prediabetes. They include
- Having a family history of diabetes
- Living an inactive lifestyle
- Being overweight
- Having a waist size of more than 40 inches for men
- Having a waist size of more than 35 inches for women
- Eating a diet consisting of red meat, processed meat, and sugary beverages
- Being over the age of 45
- Being of African-American, Hispanic, Native American, Asian, or Pacific Islander descent
- Having gestational diabetes in the past while pregnant
- Having Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Sleeping irregularly or having sleep apnea
- Having high blood pressure
- Having low levels of HDL cholesterol
Prediabetes ComplicationsThe main complication associated with prediabetes is that if left untreated it inevitably develops into type 2 diabetes. Health conditions and complications associated with type 2 diabetes include
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
Reversing PrediabetesWith proper diet and lifestyle changes, prediabetes can be reversed and patients can return their blood glucose levels to normal. Ayurveda, India’s ancient system of health care, specializes in prescribing diet and lifestyles tailored to each patient’s needs in order to bring about optimal health. Ayurvedic treatments have been proven to successfully treat diabetes in many studies. If you or somebody you know has prediabetes, be sure to consult your physician as soon as possible for a proper diagnosis and treatment options. If you have prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, we recommend you attend our upcoming Diabetes and Weight Loss Wellness Program & Retreat, where you will be given all the resources necessary to optimize your health using the Ayurveda’s ancient diet and lifestyle practices. We wish you a smooth and quick recovery.
Diabetes and Weight Loss Wellness
Program & Retreat
10-Day On-Site Retreat
6-Months of Post-Program Support and Coaching
Ayurveda is a transformative health care and wellness system effective for centuries in the holistic management of health conditions and the restoration of well-being and optimal vitality. It is a natural, effective way to approach diabetes and weight gain through time-tested methods of detoxification, rekindling the digestive fire, diet and lifestyle—unique to Ayurvedic principles.