This delectable crumble is a wonderful way to enjoy the the autumn harvest of apples and pears. Sweetened only with fruit and a little honey, it will appeal to all three doshas and can be served warm or cool.
Vatas especially will enjoy it warm with a little cream. For added richness, enjoy the warming touch of a tad more ginger powder.
Kaphas can skip the cream and eat warm or cool.
Serve cool to your favorite Pitta who may also appreciate a dollop of ice cream on top.
RECIPE: Fall Fruit Crumble
4 C fruit: apples, apricots, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, peaches, pears, mangos, or combination
2 C apple juice
¼ C raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp coriander powder
⅛–¼ t ginger powder
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2–4 Tbsp honey (optional)
1 C fruit-sweetened granola
1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- Chop fruit into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat apple juice over medium heat.
- Add fruit, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Continue to cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add coriander, ginger, lemon juice, and honey; stir well.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls and top with granola and coconut.