Whether you prefer a self-paced schedule or want something experiential and interactive, there is something for everyone in our distance learning program schedule.From live-streaming signature retreats, events, cleanses, and Ayurveda consultations to on-demand Ayurveda education, all of our programs feature the best of our best—experienced teachers, expertly crafted curriculum, and tools for a healthy body, mind, and spirit.
Our signature online programs, consultations, and at-home cleanse packages bring our expert faculty and the benefits of holistic learning to you. An integration of live-stream sessions, video presentations, and daily group meet-ups.
Discover the Art of Living on your scheduled with self-directed programs mindfully created by our expert faculty to give you the tools you need to succeed. Go at your own pace from right where you are.
More recently, modern science has been discovering the same secrets that Chinese healing traditions have known for thousands of years!
For example, physicists have shown that only 4% of the energy in our universe has a physical form. The other 96% is formless and invisible, yet scientists are able to measure it by the way it influences the physical world.
The nature of your energy
Just like the universe, your physical body is only one small manifestation of your energy. The rest — the energy that can’t be seen or touched, but that generates measurable effects — is the biggest piece of the puzzle. And yet the Western medical tradition only focuses on the 4%, while Eastern tradition focuses on the whole picture, including the physical and non-physical.
In Chinese, we call the energy of life – chi.
Scientists measure the effects of this energy on biological systems and processes in the same way that physicists can measure the effects of dark matter or dark energy. They do it by looking at how it changes the behavior of ordinary matter.
Your mind and body are part of a whole
In ancient Eastern traditions, the mind, body and heart are seen (and treated) as a unified whole. There is no “mind over matter” or “matter over mind,” because your mind, body and heart are all part of a holistic energy system.
Now, there is also a growing acceptance in the Western scientific and medical community that your mind and body are simply two manifestations of a single energetic being. Modern neuroscience has confirmed that the brain’s neuroplasticity, its ability to change its shape and function according to mental activity and reinforcement, is a powerful potential ability that exists throughout our whole lifetime. Focus and repetition allow us to directly influence the neural pathways of the brain.
According to the respected neuropsychologist Rick Hanson, “What happens in your mind changes your brain, both temporarily and in lasting ways.”
By changing your thoughts, and your behavior choices, you can literally change the brain’s physical structure and functioning.
So the mind, the brain and body are all part of the same whole energy system, and when you tap into the energy, you can change the system on all of those levels — physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
If you would like an in-person experience of harnessing more energy with Master Mingtong Gu, you can join us at our center in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the Art of Living Retreat Center in Boone, NC this July 26-28, 2019, for the Cultivating Energy Wisdom retreat.
With his joyous and skillful Wisdom Healing Qigong teachings, Master Mingtong Gu brings ancient wisdom to the west for better health and happiness in contemporary times. Trained at the largest qigong hospital in China, where he helped people with major physical and emotional challenges, Master Gu leads retreats and workshops worldwide. Named Qigong Master of the Year by the 13th World Congress for Qigong and Traditional Chinese Medicine, He is the founder of The Chi Center and The Center for Wisdom Healing Qigong in Santa Fe. www.chicenter.com