Become your own wellness alchemist with renowned Ayurvedic cooking instructor Nalini Mehta. During this program, we will explore the different dosha body types and how best to nourish them throughout each season. The Vata dosha, easily aggravated by cold, windy, and dry conditions, is susceptible to imbalance during the winter months. In summer, the Pitta dosha benefits from extra dietary care and attention, and the Kapha dosha can become unstable in the transitional seasons of autumn and spring. Learn how to best nourish your body type and thrive in every season, through Nalini’s masterful demonstrations of authentic ayurvedic food preparation. This program will walk you through theory, recipes, and dietary strategies to keep you healthy, happy, and whole all year!
• Learn to cook delicious meals with fresh, seasonal ingredients
• Deepen your understanding of your dosha
• Reconnect with yourself and your body’s unique dietary needs
• Feel vital and nourished year-round
Nalini started teaching Ayurveda cooking classes in NYC 12 years ago. She began her career in the food industry as a culinary instructor at the Natural Gourmet Institute for Food and Health followed by Whole Foods Culinary Center, Institute of Culinary Education and NY Open Center teaching vegetarian cooking classes. She has also worked at Candle Café restaurant and Hampton Chutney in New York City. …
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are per person.)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
To be determined.
Call for more details:
Meals are served during the following times – 7:30-9:30am for Breakfast, 12:00-2:00pm for Lunch, and 6:00-7:30pm for Dinner. Food will be put away at the ending times, but the dining hall will remain open.
Optional Saturday Activities
Guided Nature Walk:
1:30-2:30pm or 3-4pm
2-3pm, 3-4pm or 4-5
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.