Ayurvedic Doctor Nisha Manikantan is traveling from India to lead this transformative workshop for women. It is a rare opportunity to gain practical insight from a renowned leading practitioner in the ancient and timeless wellness system of Ayurveda.
A practitioner at the top of her field, Dr. Nisha Manikantan travels the world raising awareness of Ayurveda’s life-changing wisdom. She draws on the profound, holistic principles of Ayurveda in a way that truly nourishes the female body and mind.
As women, what lifestyle and dietary adjustments can we make to support vibrant health? What does it mean to be a woman?
In this interactive session, you will gain insights into:
- Your own being and learn how to support it
- The physiological, emotional and spiritual dynamics of womanhood.
- Stress, female hormones and their role in woman’s positive health
- Learn how to achieve Hormonal balance and improve Menstrual health
- Breast Care and Menopause management or Skincare
- Learn holistic practices of self-care to ease your body off discomfort & stress
You will take home new insights into your experience as a woman, and holistic techniques to support your well-being for the rest of your life.
Open to women of all ages.
For those that cannot make it to Boone, this program will be held in the following cities: (Click on the link for more info)
- Registration link: tiny.cc/whmca
- Dates: May 18-19
- Registration link: tiny.cc/whmtx
- Dates: May 22-23
- Registration link: tiny.cc/whm1
- Dates: June 1-2
Kimberly Rossi has a lifetime of healthy living to share with you. As a young teen, she learned that poor habits lead to poor health, and she made an early choice to follow a healthy lifestyle and became a balance seeker. Her resulting confidence, clarity and openness have created an interesting personal and professional path in health and well-being.
She has completed the 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training from Kripalu Center in Lenox, MA in 1998, the Ayurvedic Health Counselor Certification with Kripalu School of Ayurveda in 2004, and the 500 hour Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training with the Kundalini Research Institute in Espanola, NM. More than that, she has a deep daily practice in yoga and meditation for almost twenty years, teaches and shares the wisdom, and continues to be a student. She has a deep gratitude to the Ancient Sciences of Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama, and Ayurveda as she believes these are the secrets for being happy, healthy, and whole.
Her professional career has been leading wellness based businesses, in four and five star destinations, for over twenty years, across the country, in Europe, and the Caribbean. Currently, she is the Director of Business Development at the Art of Living Retreat Center and Shankara Ayurveda Spa, in Boone NC.
Ayurvedic Doctor Nisha Manikantan is an Ayurveda dietetics expert and wellness and lifestyle advisor. Her research and writing has highlighted the immense power of this traditional medical system. Vaidya Manikantan is the current Chief Consultant for the Cancer and Diabetes Care Program at the Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science and Research. She travels the world raising awareness of Ayurveda and teaching others how to improve their lifestyles — and their health — with its ancient knowledge. Nisha Manikantan is a visiting faculty. She is not getting any remuneration for this program.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
June 14 &15
Friday/ Sat: 6:30PM to 9:30 PM
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest, high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS—it will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.