Yoga Alliance CE hours available.
Join Ana Forrest and Jose Calarco on a heart-opening journey of healing and growth. This is a powerful opportunity to practice directly with Ana, creator of Forrest Yoga—a renowned and transformative system of yoga—and her partner, Musical Shaman Jose Calarco.
Learn to move and breathe in ways that open your core and give the heart the support and counsel of the other primary chakras. As barriers drop away, you’ll feel the intuitive honesty of your heart and develop the flexibility needed to surf emotional waves.
Each session begins with a very special ceremony of song, invocation, and a smoke blessing. Then, through Forrest Yoga asana practice, walking in nature with ceremony, and music healing, you’ll
- Build skills in accessing, cleansing, and resolving emotional issues and moving them out of the cell tissue
- Celebrate the beauty of life and the power of spirit and make room to absorb the beauty and sweetness in our world
- Honor the ancestors and custodians of our sacred land
- Develop physical strength and focused breath work
- Be challenged to heal, grow, and nourish the heart.
You’ll make a quantum leap in your yoga practice, create a path to connect with your spirit, and take home aliveness in each cell of your body.
Items to Bring Yoga mat, yoga roll, yoga block, rolled up mat or beach towel, and a water bottle.
Yoga Alliance CE hours available.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
Building the Warrior Heart: Forrest Yoga with Ana Forrest & Jose Calarco
April 17th-19th, 2020
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Friday 4:00–6:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:30 pm
Sunday 9:00–11:30 am (Room check-out is 11 am; luggage can be held at Reception.)
General Guest Information
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, guided hiking, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth, or the weekly Bonfire. Don’t forget to relax and restore with an Ayurvedic spa treatment. Here are more details for your stay:
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00 pm, but if you arrive early, we can hold luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Optional Complimentary Activities
(Please join only if your program schedule above permits.)
7:30–8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45–10:45 am/4:15–5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am–-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30–2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00–3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
1:30–2:30 pm/3:00-4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30–10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
7:30–9:30 am Breakfast
12:00–2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00–7:30 pm Dinner
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
In order to ensure availability, we invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival; please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thursday–Sunday. Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appointment. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our Front Desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.