In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Connect to Your Deepest Self
We all feel stuck sometimes—in our jobs, our relationships, our habits, or when the life we’re living simply doesn’t add up to the one we want. We feel stuck when it seems like we don’t have options, or when we don’t trust or allow ourselves to make the changes we so deeply long to make.
Yoga teacher and personal empowerment writer Becky Vollmer believes that when we feel paralyzed by our fears the answer isn’t just courage—it’s choice. That’s because we all have choices, we just have to be brave enough to make them.
In this dynamic program of guided breath, purposeful movement, and self-exploration, Becky helps you connect to your deepest self and take your next steps on life’s journey. Through a modern and approachable view on ancient yoga philosophy, a series of reflection exercises, and a healthy dose of laugh-out-loud humor, you learn how to make soul-guided choices in support of the life you’ve desired all along.
Over the course of this weekend, Becky invites you to
- Ask tough questions and peel back the protective layers of ego to get to the raw, honest answers
- Bust through the fears that make change so intimidating and tap into the divine courage already inside you
- Close the gap between intention and action by creating a strategic path forward that’s as unique as your thumbprint
- Experience yoga poses designed to soothe and embolden body and spirit (all postures can be modified for beginners).
There will be plenty of writing, so please bring an open mind, willing heart, and a journal and pen.
Becky Vollmer is a speaker, yoga teacher, and creator of You Are Not Stuck—a movement that empowers people to pursue the lives they most deeply desire. Her workshops blend yoga asana, breathwork, self-exploration, and action planning for a truly transformative experience.
Rooms & Pricing
Please Note On-site housing is full for this program. We currently have commuter spots available. Our commuter rate includes meals and full access to our facilities—you will need to arrange your own housing off-campus. Find a list of Boone-area lodging options here.
$95+tax per day.
Our commuter pass includes
- Three delicious vegetarian meals daily
- Complimentary tea/coffee & fresh fruit
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- Access to gym & steam rooms
Accommodations are excluded.
You Are Not Stuck
The Power of Soul-Guided Choices
October 14–16, 2022
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.