Experience true calm and clarity through Yin and Gentle Active Yoga, mindfulness meditation, and dharma teachings. Brahmani Liebman and Jashoda Edmunds combine their 40 years of practice, study, and teaching experience to guide you through a profound immersion in yoga and meditation to awaken your inner wisdom.
Open to all levels of yoga experience — from complete beginners to regular practitioners — this retreat will integrate practical work with dharma teachings. The blend of physical and experiential practice with philosophical work will help you discover the wisdom within that is waiting to guide you.
Through yoga classes, meditation practice, pranayama, lecture, discussion, and walking in nature, you will:
- Discover powerful, yet accessible practices to improve your physical strength, flexibility, and well-being. Including Passive (Yin) and Gentle Active Yoga
- Experience the calm and clarity of mindfulness meditation
- Allow wisdom to arise — so that you can observe the habits of the mind that cause you suffering
- Make choices rooted in the knowledge that peace is just a breath away, no matter what’s going on outside of you
- Listen deeply and discover true compassion and contentment
- Learn how to weave these simple and transformative practices into your daily life
You will leave with a greater connection to your inner wisdom and compassion, with tools for skillful living and practices to deepen your experience of yoga and meditation.
Open to all.
Brahmani Liebman, MSEd, E-RYT 500, and Jashoda Edmunds, E-RYT 500, have been seekers of truth and students of yoga, meditation and Buddhism since the 1970s. Together, they cofounded the Journey Into Yoga School of Yoga & Meditation and created the CD “Journey Into Yoga: Awakening the Spirit.” They have been teachers for more than 25 years each and currently serve on the faculty of the Kripalu School of Yoga and the Kripalu School of Ayurveda. Part of the 1,000-hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training faculty, Liebman and Edmunds both provide yoga teacher trainings and co-created a Kripalu Yin Yoga Teacher Training and Living a Spiritual Life program. They balance their lives as wives, mothers, grandmothers and Yoginis. Brahmani and Jashoda love teaching together and sharing all that has inspired them to walk the path of life with joy and lightness of heart. Visit their school’s website at: www.journeyintoyoga.com.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Journey Into Yoga & Meditation Retreat: Awakening the Wisdom Within
September 13th-15th, 2019
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Arrival Day 7:30-9:00 pm
Daily (Morning Meditation) 8:00 – 8:30 am; 9:30 am-12:30 pm; 2:00-4:00 pm
Departure Day 9:00-11:00 am (Room check-out is 11 am; Luggage can be held at reception)
General Guest Information
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, restorative Ayurvedic spa treatments, guided hiking trails, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth or the weekly Bonfire. Here are more details for your stay:
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00pm, but if you arrive early we will hold luggage at Reception.
6:00-7:00 pm Dinner
7:00-7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Optional Complimentary Activities (Please join only if above mentioned Program schedule permits)
7:30-8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45-10:45 am/4:15-5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30-2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00-3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
1:30-2:30 pm/3:00-4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30-6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30-8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30-10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
7:30-9:30 am Breakfast
12:00-2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00-7:30 pm Dinner
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS…It will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, AOLRC signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however guests may enjoy these items in their rooms. That being said our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy and nuts.