Learn the Pathway to Personal Freedom
International best-selling author and spiritual teacher, don Miguel Ruiz, has shared his family’s teachings globally through the books of Toltec wisdom which have sold over 10 million copies alone in the US, and been published in 40 languages worldwide. His sons don Miguel Ruiz Jr. and don Jose Ruiz have joined together for this unique workshop to share the wisdom from the Toltec tradition, which places a special emphasis on unconditional love and personal healing as the means by which we create transformation in ourselves and the world.
During this immersive weekend with the Ruiz brothers, don Miguel Ruiz, Jr. shares lessons from his latest book, The Mastery of Life: A Toltec Guide to Personal Freedom, which represents the journey, or quest, that we all undertake to find inner peace. You will discover the transformative symbolism behind the sacred pyramids and plazas of Teotihuacan and how they lead Toltec Warriors to let go of their domestication, false fear, and self-judgment.
Modern-day Shaman and internationally best-selling author of The Fifth Agreement, don Jose Ruiz shares teaching methods to apply messages from his books, The Medicine Bag: Shamanic Rituals and Ceremonies for Personal Transformation, and his latest release, Shamanic Power Animals.
Ultimately, the Toltec tradition teaches that mastering life is key to enjoying it. Through this program, you will take a deep look at what you believe about yourself and the world around you, and notice what you habitually do—how you act and react based on what you believe. Then, once you have become more aware of what you think, how you act, and where those thoughts and actions originate, you will be invited to practice new ways of thinking, acting, and being that are more aligned with your true nature and your highest good.
Don Miguel Ruiz Jr. and don Jose Ruiz will teach you to
- Become aware of how you confuse what you know, for who you are
- Gain awareness of how you have created your reality
- Release the fear of what you are without your beliefs
- Embrace unconditional love
- Make new agreements that are more in line with your true authentic self
This life-changing program will help you to return to your innate wisdom, and live your life based on truth.
Don’t miss this opportunity to master your life—and truly enjoy it.
Workshop will be of interest to anyone look for practical tools to live happily. It may also appeal to healthcare professionals and yoga and meditation practitioners.
Discover the wisdom of the Toltec tradition and rapidly transform your life to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
Empower your life with “impeccable” communication and improve your relationships with everyone – including yourself.
Understand how your beliefs have created your reality and expand your awareness through ancient Toltec teachings.
Release the fear of what you are without your beliefs and make new agreements that are more in line with your true authentic self.
Learn a proven technique to challenge the fear-based beliefs that rob you of happiness and keep you from living the life you really want to live.
Learn to let go of the past, release self-doubt and judgment, and discover the power of surrendering to the moment, here and now.
Rooms & Pricing
Private Hotel Room
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
- King bed or two full beds
- Flat screen TV
- Private bath
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily delicious vegetarian meals
- Complimentary tea/coffee & fresh fruit
- Daily yoga & meditation classes
- Access to fitness & steam rooms
The Art & Mastery of Life
A Toltec Journey to Personal Freedom
Nov 10–12, 2023
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 11:00 am–7:00 pm Friday & Saturday
Hand Building $55 | 1 hour
Wednesday 2:00–8:00 pm
Thursday–Saturday 9:00 am–6:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am–2:00 pm
We encourage you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness at least two weeks prior to your arrival date to ensure availability. Please call 828.264.8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50/per person processing fee) up to 15 days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50/per person processing fee) is available if you give notice between 14 and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
We are committed to the safety of our guests and staff. Our mountaintop location and the surrounding areas are spacious, remote, safe, and secure.
- It is safe to leave your windows open—and necessary for proper airflow!
- Nature surrounds our campus, and it’s common to see rabbits, deer, gophers, wild turkeys, and other small animals. Please give them space, and they’ll do the same for you. We’ve never had a safety incident with animals on campus.
You can help!
- If you come across an animal on campus or a trail, give it space, and please do not attempt to pet or feed it.
- There’s no need to bring valuables to the retreat center; leaving them at home is best.