In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Live Longer, Live Better
Recent advances in nutritional science show how diets can slow aging, reverse common health conditions, and enhance longevity.
This interactive seminar with Dr. Joel Fuhrman provides both education and emotional skills that individuals can apply towards implementing a healthful diet for the rest of their lives and trains practitioners to motivate and empower their patients to follow this information and maintain progress with their conditions.
Food is truly the most effective medicine. —Dr. Joel Fuhrman
Through lectures, Q&A and discussion, you’ll learn
- How the application of the latest and most critical nutritional science can prevent disease
- How to resolve food addiction and emotional eating
- The workings of the therapeutic aspects of lifestyle medicine and their role in reversing autoimmune disorders, cancers, diabetes, heart disease, gastrointestinal disorders and more
- How to implement a nutritarian eating style, which is designed to optimize healthy life expectancy.
You’ll leave empowered with a greater understanding of nutritional science and actionable steps to apply to your life or, for practitioners, their patients’ lives. Attendees will also be provided with recipes and condition-specific meal plans.
Open to all.
Recommended Reading: Eat for Life.
Discover cutting-edge nutritional science that reverses heart disease, cancers, autoimmune disorders, diabetes, and even slows the aging process.
Learn which foods promote recovery from depression, gastrointestinal disorders, hypertension, migraines, fibromyalgia, and more.
Access key information and practical food preparation knowledge that makes healthy food taste fantastic.
Identify and remove physical symptoms that drive overeating behaviors and cause weight fluctuation.
Gain clarity on the type of life you want and receive the help and guidance necessary to get it.
Learn how to comfortably stick to a healthful and effective diet—and enjoy making it work!
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Don’t Treat Disease—Get Rid of It!
Protocols for Reversing Disease via Nutritional Interventions
November 10–13, 2022
Subject to change.
Thursday 7:30–9:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.