In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Live Longer, Live Better
Recent advances in nutritional science show how diets can slow aging and push the envelope of human longevity.
This interactive seminar with Dr. Joel Fuhrman explores this new research in detail and gives you both information and actionable techniques for using food to improve your own health or the health of your clients.
Food is truly the most effective medicine. – Dr. Joel Fuhrman
Through lectures, Q&A and discussion, you’ll learn
- How the application of new nutritional science can prevent disease
- How to resolve food addiction and emotional eating in order to maintain a healthy weight, and a healthy relationship with food, forever
- The workings of the therapeutic aspects of lifestyle medicine and their role in reversing disease
- How to implement a nutritarian eating style, which is designed to optimize healthy life expectancy.
You will go home with the information and motivation needed to enjoy eating healthy food—and the knowledge you need to make that food taste fantastic.
Open to all.
Discover cutting-edge nutritional science that prevents heart disease, strokes, cancer, dementia and even slows the aging process.
Identify and remove physical symptoms that drive overeating behavior and cause weight fluctuation.
Gain clarity on the type of life you want and receive the help and guidance necessary for getting it.
Learn which foods promote recovery from diabetes, autoimmune diseases, hypertension, migraines, fibromyalgia, and more.
Access key information and practical food preparation knowledge that makes healthy food taste fantastic.
Learn how to comfortably stick to a healthful and effective diet... and enjoy making it work!
A Retreat in the Mountains
During your stay, you have time for personal R & R also. Whether you want to explore forest trails and bask in the fresh mountain air, enjoy a pottery or watercolor painting class, release stress with a therapeutic spa treatment, the choice is yours. (Additional fees may apply.)
Make Your Retreat Extra Special
Combine your retreat with authentic Ayurveda for rejuvenation on all levels, body, mind and spirit. The recommended Ayurveda treatment for this retreat is an Abhyanga massage (“Abby” for short), followed by a relaxing steam to further release stress. Pre-requisite: 18 years of age or older.
Joel Fuhrman, MD, is a board-certified family physician, nutritional researcher, and author. His work in nutritional science is well respected in scientific communities and the wider population, and his books have reached the New York Times bestseller list six times. His most recent books are Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook and Fast Food Genocide. He serves as the president of the Nutritional Research Foundation and is on the faculty of Northern Arizona University.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Eat For Life
Strengthen Immunity, Reverse Disease, and Live Longer
November 4–7, 2021
Subject to change.
Thursday 7:30–9:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.