Recent advances in nutritional science show how diets can slow aging and push the envelope of human longevity.
This interactive seminar with Dr. Joel Fuhrman explores this new research in detail and gives you both information and actionable techniques for using food to improve your own health or the health of your clients.
Through lectures, Q&A and discussion, you’ll learn
- How the application of new nutritional science can prevent disease
- How to resolve food addiction and emotional eating in order to maintain a healthy weight, and a healthy relationship with food, forever
- The workings of the therapeutic aspects of lifestyle medicine and their role in reversing disease
- How to implement a nutritarian eating style, which is designed to optimize healthy life expectancy.
You will go home with the information and motivation needed to enjoy eating healthy food—and the knowledge you need to make that food taste fantastic.
Open to all.
CE Credits may be available for fitness professionals and health professionals such as nurses and physicians
Joel Fuhrman, MD, is a board-certified family physician, nutritional researcher, and author. His work in nutritional science is well respected in scientific communities and the wider population, and his books have reached the New York Times bestseller list six times. His most recent books are Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook and Fast Food Genocide. He serves as the president of the Nutritional Research Foundation and is on the faculty of Northern Arizona University.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
October 24th-27th, 2019
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Arrival Day 7:30-9:00 pm
Daily 9:30 am-12:30 pm; 2:00-4:00 pm
Departure Day 9:00-11:00 am (Room check-out is 11 am; Luggage can be held at reception)
General Guest Information
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, restorative Ayurvedic spa treatments, guided hiking trails, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth or the weekly Bonfire. Here are more details for your stay:
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00pm, but if you arrive early we will hold luggage at Reception.
6:00-7:00 pm Dinner
7:00-7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Optional Complimentary Activities (Please join only if above mentioned Program schedule permits)
7:30-8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45-10:45 am/4:15-5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30-2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00-3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
1:30-2:30 pm/3:00-4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30-6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30-8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30-10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
7:30-9:30 am Breakfast
12:00-2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00-7:30 pm Dinner
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.