In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Discover the Freedom Within
No one can prevent the experience of pain in this life, but we can consciously end our patterns of unnecessary suffering.
Through self-inquiry, we can realize the true peace and freedom alive within each of us. The only apparent obstacle to realizing true peace is the habit of perpetuating our unnecessary suffering—following our negative, anxiety-promoting thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
During this retreat, Gangaji will lead us in self-inquiry to
• Investigate the unexamined beliefs, thoughts, and narratives we habitually follow.
• Uncover the fears that underlie repetitive negative behaviors, thoughts, and feelings of self-hatred.
• Deepen our capacity to face strong emotions without acting them out or repressing them.
• Develop a strength of mind, and experience your true nature, free of definitions.
Don’t miss this extraordinary opportunity to discover the depth of true freedom that is already alive in you.
Note While Gangaji will be leading the program virtually, you can join members of her staff on-campus and immerse fully in the experience, or register to participate online. There will be four meetings with Gangaji and 2 inquiry sessions.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
The Freedom Alive in You
Ending Patterns of Unnecessary Suffering
July 1–3, 2022
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 10:30–11:30 am | 2:00–3:30 pm | 7:30–9:00 pm
Sunday 10:30–11:30 am and 2:00–3:30pm Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
Online Program FAQs
Retreat Cancellation Policy
Your program is hosted on Zoom. In order to participate, you will need one of the following:
- Computer: Windows or Mac computer with speakers and a microphone. (Note: Webcams are recommended but not required.)
- Mobile Device: iOS or Android
- Phone: mobile, desk or landline.
You can find out more about using Zoom here.
Once you register and reserve your spot, you will receive a confirmation email with detailed instructions on how to access the online sessions. If you have any problems or questions, please feel free to reach us at 800-392-6870.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.