In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Life is hard. Why make it harder?
Join best-selling author, yoga teacher, and life coach Jennifer Pastiloff for an experiential weekend of laughter, camaraderie, deep listening, and anything else that creates a deep sense of connection and vulnerability.
Using her proprietary “Shame Loss” modality—a hybrid of yoga-related movement, writing, sharing out loud, letting the snot fly, and the occasional dance party—Jennifer guides you to deep dive inward and rewrite life as you know it into a soft place where you can be fully you. Seen. Held. Shame free.
In this Workshop, You’ll Discover
- Why it doesn’t matter what others think
- How vulnerability is the key to profound growth and connection
- Ways to celebrate you!
You’ll take home daily practices and tools for living unabashedly—and a few new lifelong friends.
Learn daily practices for being intentional, losing shame, and shedding fear.
Experiential activities will spark your creativity in multiple ways.
Know your worth, undoubtedly, and adopt an attitude that reflects it.
Discover how to let yourself off the hook and release the notion of being perfect.
Experience deep and meaningful connection with a like-minded community.
Find the joy in all of life—and laugh a lot!
Jen Pastiloff travels the world with her unique workshop based on her best-selling book, On Being Human. She has been featured on Good Morning America, New York Magazine, Health Magazine, CBS News, and more, for her unique style of teaching, which she has brought to thousands of women in sold-out workshops all over the world. …
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
On Being Human
A Weekend Immersion
Oct 28–30, 2022
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.