In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Live The Life You Were Meant To Live
Have you ever wondered why you don’t feel happier, more connected, and more fulfilled in your life? Learning about, thinking about, and actually FEELING feelings is the first step to understanding yourself and those around you.
Dr. Jonice Webb coined the phrase Childhood Emotional Neglect (CEN) after discovering this long-overlooked experience that affects millions of people without their knowledge. CEN happens when your parents fail to respond enough to your emotions and emotional needs as they raise you. It can be incredibly subtle and invisible when it happens, yet its effects hang over you, coloring your entire adult life.
Through lecture, group work, and questionnaires, participants identify, understand, and begin to heal the effects of CEN. Jonice is a warm and empathic teacher who helps you
- Determine the type and extent of emotional neglect in your childhood
- Realize the value and purpose of your emotions
- Experience emotions in a new way
- Learn how to tolerate, manage, express, and share your emotions
- Start using your emotions to make decisions, motivate, direct, and empower you.
Whether you are dealing with CEN yourself or work with people who do, this program provides the awareness and tools to heal and begin living the life you were meant to live.
Therapists who attend will qualify to join Dr. Webb’s Find A CEN Therapist List.
Jonice Webb, PhD, is a licensed psychologist, speaker, and best-selling author of two books, Running On Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect and Running on Empty No More: Transform Your Relationships. …
Joyce Davis, LICSW, received her master’s from Smith College and has been in practice since 1988 working with individuals-adolescents, adults, and seniors. …
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Premium 1-Bedroom Apartment w/Loft
- Fully Furnished 995 sq. ft. apartment(Max: 4 persons)
- 1 king bed and 2 twin beds or 1 Full Bed
- Washer & Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- A Desk, chairs, and nightstand
- Flat-screen TV with Cable
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Refrigerator | Stove Range | Microwave
Fuel Up Your Feelings
Reclaim Your Emotions
Oct 21–23, 2022
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.