The five elements (earth, water, fire, air, and space) are viewed in many wisdom traditions as the primordial building blocks of nature. By connecting with them, we discover potent access points that help us connect to our own deepest potential and creativity.
Join Josh Lane, author of the best-seller, Conscious Nature: The Art and Neuroscience of Meditating In Nature, for an enlivening journey of exploring nature through the elements.
In this special weekend retreat, you’ll
- Experience story and earth meditations that connect us to the nature within and around us
- Learn flowing qigong movements that connect us with the five elements, awakening the body and grounding the mind
- Immerse your senses in nature through engaging awareness practices that connect you with nature’s life force
- Gain insights from modern research into the transformative changes happening in the brain and body through these ancient practices.
You’ll take home a toolkit of awareness practices, meditations, and movements that connect you to nature—leaving you feeling more grounded, in the moment, and synchronized with nature’s flow.
This program is open to everyone open to exploring the nature within and around them; participants will need to be able to negotiate outdoor terrain during portions of the program.
Items to Bring Each day will include both outdoor and indoor sessions. Please bring clothing appropriate for the weather, as well as a water bottle and field journal.
Josh Lane is the author of the book, Conscious Nature: The Art and Neuroscience of Meditating in Nature. Josh has mentored and trained people of all ages around the world for the past twenty years in the inner and outer arts of mindful, whole-being connection with Nature. …
Testimonials from past program participants...
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are per person.)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
PRIMAL AWARENESS Exploring Nature Through the Five SensesSeptember 25–27, 2020
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Friday 7:30-9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 pm (Room check-out is 11:00 am; luggage can be held at reception)
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
7:30–9:30 am Breakfast
12:00–2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00–7:30 pm Dinner
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
Hatha Yoga Class | Gita Hall; during program dates only.
9:45–10:45 am and 4:15–5:15 pm
Hatha Yoga Class | Sattva Studio
11:00 am–12:00 pm
Mind and Meditation Session | Sattva Studio
Yoga Nidra | Sattva Studio; Saturdays and Sundays only.
Property Tour | Starts at Reception; Saturdays only.
1:30–2:30 pm and 3:00–4:00 pm
Guided Nature Walk | Starts at Reception; Saturdays only.
Guided Meditation Session | Sattva Studio
Meditative Chant/Kirtan | Gita Hall
Bonfire | Below Veda 2 Weather permitting; Saturdays only.
Ayurveda Spa Appointments (Additional Cost)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details.
Clay Studio Appointments (Additional Cost)
Our Clay Studio is open Thursday–Sunday; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appointment. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped home as well (additional cost). Please contact our Front Desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.