Let Your Yoga Dance® is a joyful, chakra-focused and powerful dance combining yoga, breath and accessible dance moves with fabulous music from around the world.
A funky, sacred and inspirational dance of the multi-dimensional self!
Experience a rush of fun and healing to body, mind and spirit. And don’t worry — absolutely no dance experience is required.
Through guided and free expressive dance, meditation in motion, relaxation, discussion, lecture and journaling, you will:
- Learn movement patterns and structures to access qualities of the seven chakras, or energy centers, through dance
- Dance through elements of earth, water, fire, air, sound, light and ether
- Explore the wild and woolly, the sexy and silly, the deep and delicious — through joyful movement
- Be shaken to your core by drums and the rhythm of the Earth
- Dance animal archetypes and spirit prayers
- Experience ecstatic movement, deep stillness, and the power of your energy — for a blissful body, joyous heart, and a steady and quiet mind
You will take home an understanding of the foundational elements of the Let Your Yoga Dance® methodology and the confidence and embodied knowledge needed to express and improve your physical and mental health, with dance.
Items to bring: comfortable clothes; a journal and pen; water bottle; dance shoes if you require support for feet, ankles or knees (you are welcome to dance barefoot, but please be aware that we will be moving on a hard floor).
Open to all
8 hours of Yoga Alliance CE credit available for yoga teachers.
Jurian Hughes, E-RYT 500, MFA, is a senior faculty member at Kripalu Center, in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. She is a Let Your Yoga Dance® Trainer, Kripalu Yoga Teacher Trainer, co-founder of A Wild Life Sanctuary™, voice coach, mentor, and theatre performer, known for her passionate, playful, and inspiring teaching style. She leads programs and trainings at Kripalu and throughout the country that draw on her decades of experience as a committed practitioner and teacher of yoga, dance, movement, voice and theater arts. In all of her work, she aspires to help people connect to their spirit and to that which moves them deeply and brings them joy. The core of her practice is authenticity and full self-expression.In 2005, Jurian took her first dance class at Kripalu with Megha Nancy Buttenheim, founder of Let Your Yoga Dance®. Jurian cried a lot, quit her job, moved her life from New York City to the Berkshires, and has never looked back. She is the creator of the video, Gentle Kripalu Yoga with Jurian Hughes and the audio CD, Deep and Delicious Yoga with Jurian Hughes. Find out more at www.jurianhughes.com
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
A Let Your Yoga Dance® Immersion
August 2nd-4th, 2019
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Arrival Day 7:30-9:00 pm
Daily 9:00-11:45 am; 2:00-4:30 pm
Departure Day 9:00-11:00 am (Room check-out is 11 am; Luggage can be held at reception)
General Guest Information
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, restorative Ayurvedic spa treatments, guided hiking trails, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth or the weekly Bonfire. Here are more details for your stay:
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00pm, but if you arrive early we will hold luggage at Reception.
6:00-7:00 pm Dinner
7:00-7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
7:30-9:30 am Breakfast
12:00-2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00-7:30 pm Dinner
Optional Complimentary Activities (Please join only if above mentioned Program schedule permits)
7:30-8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45-10:45 am/4:15-5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30-2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00-3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30-6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30-8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30-10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
Optional Saturday Activities
Guided Nature Walk
1:30-2:30pm or 3-4pm
2-3pm, 3-4pm or 4-5pm
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.