Rewire Your Movement,
Inspire Your Spirit
Yoga Alliance CEUs are available.
As bodies of energy, we shine brighter, move lighter, and feel happier when we remove clutter in our bodies and optimize our input.
Join Lara Heimann, the founder of LYT Yoga—the only yoga method created by a licensed physical therapist—for an educational and explorative weekend of movement and exercise. Utilizing her experience as a neurological specialized physical therapist, movement educator, and yoga teacher, Lara guides you in examining posture as the carriage of energy and using myofascial release, breathing techniques, biomechanical movement, postural education, and LYT Yoga Method to help you make room for more vitality, gratitude, and joy in your body and spirit.
Through physical movement, group discussion, journaling, hands-on experiences, and meditation and mindfulness exercises, you
- Study movement variability and biomechanics
- Experience more energy and enhanced breathing
- Rewire suboptimal habits and tendencies
- Explore yoga on and off the mat
- Clear myofascial clutter.
Don’t miss this experiential weekend of movement and breathing to clarify your intentions and aspirations for living more vibrantly—in body and spirit.
This program is for everyone in good physical condition, including yoga students and teachers.
Items to Bring Clothing comfortable for movement and a journal.
A practicing physical therapist and yoga teacher for 27 years, Lara received both her undergraduate and graduate education from Duke University and as a licensed physical therapist, continued her studies with a Post Grad specialization in Neurodevelopmental Training with Recovering Function Organization through Stanford University. …
Rooms & Pricing
Private Hotel Room
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
- King bed or two full beds
- Flat Screen TV
- Private Bath
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily Delicious Vegetarian Meals
- Complimentary Tea/Coffee & Fresh Fruit
- Daily Yoga & Meditation Classes
- Access to Gym & Steam Rooms
REWIRE AND INSPIRE: BRING JOY TO MOVEMENT
Rewire Your Movement, Inspire Your Spirit
September 29–Oct 1, 2023
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12 pm and 2:30–5:00 pm
Sunday 9:30 am–12 pm and 2:30–5:00 pm
Monday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 11:00 am–7:00 pm Friday & Saturday
Hand Building $55 | 1 hour
Wednesday 2:00–8:00 pm
Thursday–Saturday 9:00 am–6:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am–2:00 pm
We encourage you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness at least two weeks prior to your arrival date to ensure availability. Please call 828.264.8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to 15 days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between 14 and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary.