Maureen Hancock will share a weekend rich with practices to support your mind, body and spirit in harmony.
Weaving together practices and elements from Qi Gong, Chinese Medicine, Chakra Balancing, Mediumship and Dream Interpretation — to name just a few of the offerings in store — you will be guided on a journey into yourself.
Renew your energy, release what need not be held onto, and restore your soul.
Through physical movement, meditation, practical exercises, lecture and discussion, you will:
- Use light movement and stretching based on Qi Gong and Japanese Shiatsu to open the flower of energy through your body’s meridians
- Learn about natural healing techniques, home remedies and nutrition to support your intuition
- Work to balance your chakras and discover the purpose of your soul
- Practice meditations to meet spirit guides, angels and spirit loved ones
- Participate in group intuition exercises to open the third eye and connect with spirit, as well as pair up for mediumship exercises
- Clear stress and feel light, connected and alive
You will go home with a complete overview of Mind, Body and Spirit practices and the openness to receive guidance and signs from the spirit world.
Open to all.
Maureen Hancock is a globally renowned spirit medium, teacher and holistic healer — as well as a yoga teacher and the author of the bestselling book The Medium Next Door: Adventures of a Real Life Ghost Whisperer. The Style network created a document about her life called Psychic in Suburbia and she has been featured on many national television talk shows, including Good Morning America and Dr. Oz. Hancock has spent the last twenty years demystifying the overwhelming subject matter of death and dying, and recently launched an online school for mediumship and grief. Find out more at www.maureenhancock.com
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Connect with Spirit, Renew the Soul
June 21st-23rd, 2019
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Arrival Day 7:30-9:00 pm
Daily 9:30 am-12:30 pm; 2:00-4:00 pm
Departure Day 9:00-11:00 am (Room check-out is 11 am; Luggage can be held at reception)
General Guest Information
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, restorative Ayurvedic spa treatments, guided hiking trails, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth or the weekly Bonfire. Here are more details for your stay:
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00pm, but if you arrive early we will hold luggage at Reception.
6:00-7:00 pm Dinner
7:00-7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Optional Complimentary Activities (Please join only if above mentioned Program schedule permits)
7:30-8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45-10:45 am/4:15-5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30-2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00-3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
1:30-2:30 pm/3:00-4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30-6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30-8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30-10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
7:30-9:30 am Breakfast
12:00-2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00-7:30 pm Dinner
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS…It will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, AOLRC signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however guests may enjoy these items in their rooms. That being said our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy and nuts.