At this powerful time in our history as humans, our intentions have the ability to impact mass consciousness in both challenging and inspiring ways. Our color-oriented, political, and religious conversations are often filled with discord as well as a resounding agreement that the division our differences have created must shift. In order to achieve a meaningful shift, that perspective has to be rooted in the knowledge and acceptance that we are spiritual beings—indestructible energy emanating from the same universal Source.
This nourishing and vibration-raising retreat is designed for you to access your soul-level energy and begin to see beneath our differences to what joins us—our human connection. The program supports your desire to be whole, to balance, to heal, and to re-calibrate your Divine roots.
Nurtured by the beauty of the serene natural vistas at the Art of Living Retreat Center, you’ll explore your life as a story. The Soul-to-Soul Retreat incorporates Niambi Jaha-Echols’ thought-provoking and soul-nourishing book, What Color Is Your Soul?: Healing the Illusion of Our Separateness, as its foundation to help restore our mind, body, and soul to wholeness. We’ll use the gifts of certified sound therapist Rod Echols to assist us in identifying our individual “Soul Tone” through the art and science of vibro-acoustic therapy.
In this retreat, you’ll
- Experience empowering moments to help you transform and illuminate your body/mind using vibration, toning, and sound
- Work with transformational tools to identify and remove unconscious, limiting biases, and limiting emotional associations
- Develop awareness of the Universal Laws that are specifically designed to bring us back into oneness with all of humanity.
You’ll gain a better understanding of yourself and the skills to authentically connect with anyone from a vibrationally elevated perspective—supporting yourself and others in healing our ethnic and racial separations.
Niambi Jaha-Echols is an author, inspirational speaker, cultural agility strategist, spiritual activist, and transformation advocate. She is the author of What Color Is Your Soul?: Healing the Illusion of Our Separateness. …
Rod Echols is a certified sound therapist who has been leading individual and group facilitation since 1997. He integrates deep emotional work with sound therapy, further rooting his work with clarity, depth, and balance. …
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
September 10–12, 2021
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Friday 7:30-9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 pm (Room check-out is 11:00 am; luggage can be held at Reception.)
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.