In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Love Your Life For Real.
As we get farther and farther away from childhood, the demands and stresses of life increase. We tend to forget that we have the power to say yes to the delights of our heart and soul. We forget what makes us feel alive and what brings us peace. But we must remember in order to live a present, joyful, and fulfilling life. We must abandon the pressure to do it all. We must surrender the need to please everyone. We must protect our time and energies from those things which deplete and exhaust us.
Best-selling author and celebrated motivational speaker Rachel Macy Stafford presents Soul Shift, a shame-free, hope-filled workshop which teaches you to recognize when your soul sends invitations to face powerful truths, shift your responses, and replace self-defeating habits with practices rooted in self-awareness, healing, and compassion.
Through lecture, group exercises, reflection questionnaires, and journal prompts, you will learn how to uncover and respond to your innermost painful truths and achieve truly transformational results.
Come ready to dig into your soul to uncover the obstacles that are preventing you from living a fulfilling life
In This Workshop, You Will Discover
- The formula for finding the joy in life that has eluded you
- A practical and proven process for repairing broken connections
- How to love yourself “as is,” and to extend that same unconditional love to others
- Ways to pursue and express the passions of your heart.
By the end of the program, you will have a personalized Soul Shift Action Plan made up of three key pieces acquired at each session.
You will go home with the tools to gain and maintain a sense of inner peace—and experience joy, connection, and fulfillment.
Open to participants age 18 and older.
Learn how to tune into the signals your soul is sending you.
Understand how to pursue the passions of your heart.
Shift the way you respond to yourself and others in times of conflict and pain.
Learn how to love yourself “as is,” and extend that same unconditional love to others.
Replace self-defeating habits with practices rooted in self-awareness, healing, and compassion.
Discover a powerful habit-busting formula proven to profoundly impact the quality of your life and relationships.
A Retreat in the Mountains
During your stay, you have time for personal R&R also. Whether you want to explore forest trails and bask in the fresh mountain air, enjoy a pottery or watercolor painting class, release stress with a therapeutic Ayurveda treatment, the choice is yours. (Additional fees may apply.)
Make Your Retreat Extra Special
Combine your retreat with authentic Ayurveda for rejuvenation on all levels, body, mind and spirit. The recommended Ayurveda treatment for this retreat is an Abhyanga massage (“Abby” for short), followed by a relaxing steam to further release stress. Pre-requisite: 18 years of age or older.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
November 5–7, 2021
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.