Discover the secrets to overcoming cravings and let your natural vitality emerge from within.
If you struggle with cravings or addiction, this workshop will equip you with the mindset and knowledge to overcome them. Drawing on the combined experience and insight of three accomplished teachers you will learn to pursue a healthier and more fulfilling life.
Through mindfulness meditation, yoga, juice cleansing, and the latest discoveries in addiction therapy, you will:
- Learn how to adapt your diet to your specific body type, mentality, and cravings. Through a combination of Ayurvedic super herbs, juice cleansing detox, and dietary guidance you will gain the knowledge to let your body heal itself naturally.
- Discover a combination of meditation and yoga that will engage your body and disengage your mind from the stress of addiction and cravings.
- Immerse yourself in nature walks, journaling, and drawing to make this a transformative experience.
- Learn about mindfulness and the pleasure principle, and gain a greater understanding of psychological dependence in supportive and proactive group therapy sessions.
You will leave with practical tools and theoretical knowledge to continue your journey to a healthier self at home.
Open to all. The yoga and meditation practices are suitable for beginners and experienced practitioners alike.
If you have history of addiction to alcohol or drugs, you must have been sober for at least 90 days, or you need to have written permission from an addictions counsellor.
Ramesh Bjonnes is the Director of the Prama Wellness Center and gives workshops around the world. He studied yoga therapy in Nepal and India, Ayurveda in California and is a certified yoga detox therapist from the AM Wellness Center in Cebu, Philippines.
Lawrence Farber (LCSW) is a licensed clinical social worker with over 22 years of experience. He has helped hundreds of people overcome addictive and self-defeating behaviors and guided them towards healthy and fulfilling lives.
Radhika Banu Bjonnes (500-RYT) is a yoga and meditation teacher with 18 years experience. She holds certifications in Rajadhiraja Yoga from AMYA, Philippines, Yin Yoga and yoga for pregnancy and post-natal pregnancy.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Overcoming Addictions Naturally
October 30th-November 3rd, 2019
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Wednesday 5:00-6:30 pm; 7:30-9:00 pm
Daily 7:00-8:30 am; 10:00 am-12:00 pm; 2:00-4:30 pm; 5:00-6:00 pm; 8:00-9:00 pm
Sunday 7:00-8:30 am; 10:00 am-12:00 pm (Room check-out is 11 am; Luggage can be held at reception)
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00pm, but if you arrive early we will hold luggage at Reception.
6:00-7:00 pm Dinner
7:00-7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Optional Onsite Activities
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, restorative Ayurvedic spa treatments, guided hiking trails, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth or the weekly Bonfire. Here are more details for your stay:
Optional Complimentary Activities (Please join only if above mentioned Program schedule permits)
7:30-8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45-10:45 am/4:15-5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30-2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00-3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
1:30-2:30 pm/3:00-4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30-6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30-8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30-10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
7:30-9:30 am Breakfast
12:00-2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00-7:30 pm Dinner
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS…It will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, AOLRC signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however guests may enjoy these items in their rooms. That being said our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy and nuts.