In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Empower Your Clients' Self
Approved for 8.5 IFS CEs
Revolutionize your clinical approach and help your clients heal with the Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapy model.
Developed over 30 years of clinical work, the scientifically validated IFS approach is a highly efficient and effective way of guiding clients to a state of inner clarity and compassion—the Self—from which they know how to heal themselves. From the Self, clients are able to calm and transform their troubling inner voices, the critical and anxious chatter, the compulsive distractions, their feelings of vulnerability, inadequacy, and overwhelm. These parts of the psyche are surprisingly responsive and resilient when addressed with respect and patience. They readily forsake their inner battles, and take on valuable inner roles once they are accepted and witnessed.
Join IFS founder Dr. Richard Schwartz, to learn the transformative therapy model that offers breakthrough healing of trauma, anxiety, depression, addiction, eating disorders, and more.
In this program, you’ll discover the power of IFS through lecture and discussion, real-life videos and case examples, and experiential exercises.
You’ll emerge from the program understanding the basic theory and principles of IFS therapy and be able to
- Identify the effects of trauma on parts and Self
- Access your client’s Self—a core of compassion and other leadership qualities
- Manage client “resistance” more effectively
- Teach your clients awareness of their own parts and how these parts impact therapy
- Help clients release personal burdens related to traumatic experiences.
Come explore how trauma can be addressed by creating space for compassion and curiosity, with the evidence-based psychotherapy of Internal Family Systems.
Internal Family Systems: Healing Trauma & Restoring Wholeness
April 8–10, 2022
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:00–11:00 am and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:00–11:00 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
On-Campus Program FAQs
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.