Learn to embrace change through the flowing movements and philosophy of Vinyasa yoga.
It’s easy to fear the unknown in a world that is constantly shifting. But the skillful practice of Vinyasa gifts us the power to joyfully bend and stretch — both on the yoga mat and in our minds. If you feel the pressures of life weighing heavy, this retreat will give you the skills to lighten the load.
With yoga, meditation, mindfulness practices, journaling, group discussion, and nature walks you will:
- Learn to move with grace and ease in daily Vinyasa classes, designed to help you listen to your body and your breath in times of stress.
- Better understand the fluctuations of the mind through meditation and journaling. Discover the soft voice within.
- Uncover life-enriching principles and develop skill sets to be more present and connected to yourself and the people in your life.
You will go home feeling mentally recharged, and deeply rooted in your power to embrace change through the life-enriching principles of Vinyasa.
This workshop is open to all, but at least one year of yoga experience is recommended.
Sara Clark is a 500-hr certified yoga teacher known for her transformational programs that focus on unlocking one’s potential. She uses yoga and mindfulness tools to ease suffering and liberate the soul. She has collaborated with leaders in the wellness field, creating online yoga and meditation content for Shape Magazine, Yoga Today, Yogaglo and Hearst Media. She works with adults of all ages and has been on the teaching staff at Kripalu, leading workshops and annual retreats as well as assisting teacher trainings at the 200 and 300 hour level.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Embracing Change: The Art of Vinyasa Yoga
November 1st-3rd, 2019
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Arrival Day 7:30-9:00 pm
Daily 9:30 am-12:30 pm; 2:00-4:00 pm
Departure Day 9:00-11:00 am (Room check-out is 11 am; Luggage can be held at reception)
General Guest Information
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, restorative Ayurvedic spa treatments, guided hiking trails, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth or the weekly Bonfire. Here are more details for your stay:
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00pm, but if you arrive early we will hold luggage at Reception.
6:00-7:00 pm Dinner
7:00-7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Optional Complimentary Activities (Please join only if above mentioned Program schedule permits)
7:30-8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45-10:45 am/4:15-5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30-2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00-3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
1:30-2:30 pm/3:00-4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30-6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30-8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30-10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
7:30-9:30 am Breakfast
12:00-2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00-7:30 pm Dinner
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS…It will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, AOLRC signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however guests may enjoy these items in their rooms. That being said our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy and nuts.