In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Improve Your Bone Health
Join Dr. Susan Brown, PhD, for this 4-day workshop to learn the secrets to regaining bone strength naturally no matter what your bone density test says! In her 6-step Better Bones Solution Program, Dr. Brown teaches you the essential steps to build and implement your own natural bone-building program. This time-tested approach has helped thousands of people regain bone strength even when their doctors have told them that “they have the bones of an 80-year-old,” or “they have no choice but to go on bone drugs.”
Combining ancient wisdom from around the world and the best of modern science, Dr. Brown guides you in the development of the optimum diet, exercise, nutrient supplementation, and stress reduction protocols for your individual situation. Medical tests for uncovering hidden causes of osteoporosis and simple means of assessing your real risk of fracture are also detailed with written support material provided for each step of her program. In addition, Gina Galli, RYT, leads daily bone-safe yoga and movement practices all modified for osteoporosis.
In this Workshop, You’ll Discover How to
- Develop a bone and muscle preserving alkaline diet
- Maximize key bone-building nutrients
- Build digestive strength
- Reduce anxiety to create emotional resilience, mindfulness, and peace of mind.
Seize this opportunity to move from fear to empowerment and have fun doing it! You will leave uplifted with your own unique natural bone-building program as well as the confidence to implement it back at home.
Dr. Susan Brown PhD, anthropologist and nutritionist, is the founder of the Center for Better Bones and the Better Bones Foundation. She has pioneered the natural approach to life-long bone health for more than 40 years, authoring several books including the bestselling Acid-Alkaline Food Guide, Better Bones, Better Body: Beyond Estrogen and Calcium, and the forthcoming Better Bones Solution.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
The Better Bones Solution
A Journey into Inner Fitness
Aug 4–7, 2022
Subject to change.
Thursday 7:30–9:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am–12:30 pm | 2:00–4:00 pm | 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.