In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Know You, Love You... Infinitely.
There is no greater purpose than to engage the journey back to the Self. Knowing who you are is the secret to true happiness and mental, emotional, and spiritual strength and resilience. Unfortunately, we aren’t taught this growing up—more typically, the formative years are full of feelings of disquieting to debilitating self-doubt and insecurity.
Inner discomfort creates an unreliable relationship with self, which causes more self-doubt. Without tools to counteract this self-doubting loop you are left just “hoping” to one day outgrow mental and emotional discomfort. However, in actuality, often-repeated thoughts and emotions become internalized habits. Deeply instilled discomfort can feel impossible to overcome.
Join Tina Lifford, award-winning actress and CEO of The Inner Fitness Project, for an empowering weekend that will strengthen your ability to move beyond limiting thoughts and behaviors, teach you to interrupt old patterns, resolve unresolved issues from the past, and stretch into a better relationship with your Self.
In this Workshop, You’ll Discover
- The true nature of your Self
- The three selves that live within everyone and their defining characteristics
- Sensible ways to recognize which Self is leading
- Practices to shift between selves as needed
- Strategies for managing the surviving Self and bringing greater balance and harmony to your inner Self.
If you have ever wondered how it is possible to feel strong and powerful in some areas of your life and lost and insecure in others, Tina has carefully designed this workshop to calm angst and provide answers that will make the difference you’ve been hoping for. You’ll take home new actionable skills that bolster your personal power and reinforce a sense of what is possible for your life.
Recommended reading The Little Book of Big Lies
Hollywood veteran and award-winning actress Tina Lifford currently plays the vivacious breakout character Aunt Vi on the critically acclaimed television drama, Queen Sugar. She has played over 100 characters in her long-standing career, including the CIA Director on Scandal and the mother-in-law on Parenthood.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
How to be (with) Your Self
A Journey into Inner Fitness
Sept 16–18, 2022
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.