In alignment with the CDC guidelines, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination OR a lab-certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at the Center when checking in.
Transform the Way You Relate to Love
Most of us are raised with the idea that relationships are about falling in love and sex and pleasure and companionship and, maybe someday, having a family. And this is true…sort of. But on a spiritual level, love relationships are perhaps the single most powerful tool of transformation life gives us—offering opportunities to heal wounds, develop our highest selves, and above all, PRACTICE loving.
This workshop explores our earliest attachments and their effect on intimacy and partnering. Self-love, owning your experiences, self-deception, sexuality, dysfunctional dynamics, and spiritual principles like patience, harmony, service, and humility are all developed in the context of a loving partnership.
In this Workshop, You’ll Discover How
- To love yourself more and better
- Self-destructive behaviors that can hold you back from finding meaningful, authentic connections
- Our partner mirrors back our most unconscious beliefs about ourselves and what we need to change about the way we’re loving ourselves
- Being open to wholeness and complete acceptance of ourselves and our partners creates the intimacy and openness we desire.
Tracy McMillan leads this insightful and experiential exploration of yourself and your relationships with warmth and humor. Whether you are currently partnered or a long-time single, this workshop will give you insights and practices that will transform you—and the way you relate to love.
Identify and remove the emotional and physical blocks that have held you back from love in the past
Get completely clear about the kind of partner you want to attract and what you want the relationship to look like.
Learn to truly love yourself—so you’ll be willing to let someone else love you, too.
Turn your search for love into a deeply satisfying, magical—and even enjoyable process—every step of the way.
Bridge the gap between your head and your heart and bring your vibration and vision for love into every cell of your body.
Embody and emit the love, satisfaction, and contentment you seek, so that your soulmate quickly recognizes you as their one true love, too!
A Retreat in the Mountains
During your stay, you have time for personal R & R also. Whether you want to explore forest trails and bask in the fresh mountain air, enjoy a pottery or watercolor painting class, release stress with a therapeutic spa treatment, the choice is yours. (Additional fees may apply.)
Make Your Retreat Extra Special
Combine your retreat with authentic Ayurveda for rejuvenation on all levels, body, mind and spirit. The recommended Ayurveda treatment for this retreat is an Abhyanga massage (“Abby” for short), followed by a relaxing steam to further release stress. Pre-requisite: 18 years of age or older.
Tracy McMillan is a relationship expert, best-selling author, television writer, and host of the tv show Family or Finance on OWN. She wrote the most-viewed article on Huffington Post, “Why You’re Not Married,” which was named one of the top ten opinion pieces of 2011 by Time Magazine. Tracy is also one of the matchmaker’s on NBC’s Ready for Love.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Love Relationships as a Spiritual Path
October 22–24, 2021
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $35.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.