Are you experiencing conflict in your relationship? Discover and integrate new methods of communication with relationship expert Dr. Warren Farrell, author of Women Can’t Hear What Men Don’t Say. In this transformative couples retreat, you will explore new ways of relaying and receiving your concerns with one another in a calm manner and how to sustain deep love and trust within a relationship.
Supported by expert guidance and the center’s serene environment, you as a couple (spouses, divorced parents, parent-child, siblings) will cultivate and adapt new methods of giving and receiving criticism in a loving and peaceful way to your partnership and your life. Learning new mindsets and strategies, you will discover new ways of thinking and behaving that make your relationship stronger.
In this transformative couples retreat, you will:
- Cultivate strategies to help keep you conflict-free as a couple
- Experience the development of new mindsets regarding criticism
- Transform internal defensiveness into a feeling of being loved
- Rejuvenate your relationship through improved communication
- Learn new techniques for shifting negative feelings at home
You’ll leave with a sense of renewal and confidence with the tools to keep you balanced as a couple and in your daily life.
This retreat is appropriate for couples only – two people with a history who desire a future.
Warren Farrell, PhD, is author of Women Can’t Hear What Men Don’t Say and co-author of The Boy Crisis with Dr. John Gray. Chosen by The Financial Times of London as one of the world’s top 100 thought leaders, his pioneering work in both the women’s and men’s movements lead him to teach couples’ communications workshops across the country. His eight books are published in 19 languages. Find out more: www.warrenfarrell.com
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Couple’s Communication Retreat
October 18th-20th, 2019
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Arrival Day 7:30-9:30 pm
Daily 9:30 am-12:30 pm; 2:00-4:00 pm
Departure Day 9:00-11:00 am (Room check-out is 11 am; Luggage can be held at reception)
General Guest Information
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, restorative Ayurvedic spa treatments, guided hiking trails, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth or the weekly Bonfire. Here are more details for your stay:
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00pm, but if you arrive early we will hold luggage at Reception.
6:00-7:00 pm Dinner
7:00-7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Optional Complimentary Activities (Please join only if above mentioned Program schedule permits)
7:30-8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45-10:45 am/4:15-5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30-2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00-3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
1:30-2:30 pm/3:00-4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30-6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30-8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30-10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
7:30-9:30 am Breakfast
12:00-2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00-7:30 pm Dinner
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS…It will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, AOLRC signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however guests may enjoy these items in their rooms. That being said our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy and nuts.