See the beauty and magic in all elements of life. Feel your heart expand — and experience the true sacredness of your unique journey.
Over the course of three nourishing days you will learn how to let the power of love into your life. And as you create the space for it, love will release you from your limitations and guide you into a deep and healing connection with yourself, others, and with nature.
Using yoga, meditation, breathwork, journaling, and nature connection you will:
- Let go of the stories you tell yourself that hold you back
- Tap into the joy of wisdom and wonder within you
- Learn how to live fully without doing more
- Connect with yourself through soul writing and self-inquiry
- Move your body with ease and grace to soothe the nervous system and feel new, vibrant energy
- Fall in love with life
You will go home with a deeper understanding of how to live authentically, and a renewed connection with nature. You will also take strategies back into your everyday life which you can use to continue the work of letting go of old habits, and creating new patterns which align with your true self.
Open to all.
Wendy Swanson has been practicing yoga for over 20 years and leading groups for the past 15 years. She is a licensed acupuncturist, yogini, healer and international retreat leader. Her yoga classes are rejuvenating, open-hearted, nurturing and soul inspiring. Wendy owns both Be Yoga & Wellness and Starpoint Acupuncture in Charlotte, North Carolina. Wendy is thrilled to share heart and soul inspiring retreats with you. wendyswanson.com
Brooks Haislip RYT 500 has been teaching yoga, meditation and mindfulness for over two decades. She has also practiced intuitive healing and spiritual mentoring for more than ten years, and is a Breathwork Wellness Educator. She was awarded a Professional Certificate from UC, Berkeley for The Power of Awareness Mindfulness Training and has created a number of bespoke programs.
Kathleen McIntyre has been facilitating retreats and workshops for twenty years and works as a transformational coach. She draws from the Presence-Based coaching model, which is based on cutting edge neuroscience; mindfulness and presence practices; somatics; and adult development and leadership theory.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Friday, April 26 th , 2019
3 pm – Check-in
6:00 pm – 6:45 pm- Dinner
7:00 pm – 7:20pm – AOLRC Orientation (Dining Hall) – MANDATORY FOR ALL GROUPS
7:30 pm – 8:45 pm- Program Session
Saturday, April 27 th , 2019
7:30pm – Movement: Earthing and Qigong in Veda / Lawn depending on weather
8 am – 8:45 am – Breakfast
9 am – 11:45 am – Program Session
12 pm – 1 pm – Lunch
1 pm – 3:30 pm – Free Time
3:30 pm – 5:45 pm – Program Session
6 pm – 7 pm – Dinner
7:15 pm – 8:30 pm – Program Session
Sunday, April 28 th , 2019
7:30 am – 8:45 am – Breakfast & Check-out
9 am – 11:45 am – Program Session
12 pm – Lunch is included in your stay this day!
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in
order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt.
Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
*If a spa appointment is made during a Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner, guests may request a meal to be boxed for
pickup by asking spa reception.
***Please call the spa in advance to book spa treatments during your free time if you are interested. The
phone number is (828) 264-8382.
Optional Saturday Activities
Guided Nature Walk
1:30-2:30pm or 3-4pm
2-3pm, 3-4pm or 4-5pm
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS…It will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, AOLRC signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however guests may enjoy these items in their rooms. That being said our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy and nuts.