Time for a reset? Refresh and rejuvenate as you reconnect to the peace within through yoga poses, breathing techniques, and meditation in this weekend retreat designed to give you tools to retain harmony in stressful situations. A transformative opportunity to nurture mind, body, and spirit in a serene setting with breathtaking mountain views.
Certified Yoga Therapist Jacqueline Allen-Magers will guide you in reconnecting with nature—Mother Nature and your inner nature. Experience tranquil moments as you unplug and unwind; rediscover the peace within you and explore the peace around you.
The retreat provides the opportunity to simply let go, relax, and reconnect as you:
- Celebrate the joy of movement through the flow of vinyasa yoga and the transformative power of Viniyoga
- Enjoy the serenity and heightened consciousness of meditation
- Experience the calming effects of yogic breathing techniques
- Cultivate practical spiritual tools for navigating life’s stressors
- Embrace the peace of the mountains during nature walks
- Connect with others in a like-minded community
You’ll leave refreshed with a renewed sense of inner peace and practical skills for maintaining that peace in your daily life.
This retreat is appropriate for all levels of yoga experience.
Jacqueline Allen-Magers is a Certified Yoga Therapist through the International Association of Yoga Therapists (C-IAYT), an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher at the 500-hour level (ERYT-500), Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP), and Certified Personal Trainer (CPT). She has completed training from renowned experts across multiple fields and modalities, including yoga, Pilates, and Yoga for 12 Step Recovery Leadership Training. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in actuarial science and statistics from Purdue University. Jacqueline caters classes to meet individual student needs and hopes to provide students practical tools for everyday living and making healthy lifestyle choices.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are per person.)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
Inner Peace with Yoga and Nature
With: Jacqueline Allen-Magers
8/30 to 9/2/19
3:00 pm – Check-in
3:00 pm – 6 pm – Free Time
6:00 pm – 7 pm – Dinner
7:00 pm – 7:20 pm – AOLRC Orientation
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm – Welcoming, Introductions, Yoga Practice
8:30 pm – Bonfire (weather permitting)
6:30 am – 7:30 am – Sunrise Yoga
7:30 am – 9:30 am – Breakfast
9:30 am – 11:30 pm – How Stress Affects Us, Yoga practice
11:30 – 12:30 pm – Labyrinth Walk (self-guided)
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm – Lunch
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm – How the Breath Works, Yoga practice
4:00 pm – 7:30 pm – Free Time*
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm – Dinner
7:30 pm – Free Time
Departure Day – Monday
7:30 am – 8:30 am – Morning Meditation/Yoga/Fitness
7:30 am – 9:30 am – Breakfast
9:30 am -11:30 am – How to make a personal practice to support our needs, Yoga practice
11:00 am – Check-out (luggage may be stored at reception)
12:00 pm – Lunch is included in your stay this day!
*If a spa appointment is made during a Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner, guests may request a meal to be boxed for pickup by asking spa reception.
**Meals are served during the following times – 7:30-9:30am for Breakfast, 12:00-2:00pm for Lunch, and 6:00-7:30pm for Dinner. Food will be put away at the ending times, but the dining hall will remain open.
***Please call the spa in advance to book spa treatments during your free time if you are interested. The phone number is (828) 264-8382.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.