Consciously relax your body and mind in this immersive and deeply restorative experience.
Do you hold tension or stress? If your body and mind need to unwind, this 4 day retreat is perfect for you. Each day is thoughtfully crafted to enable you to let go of all that you’re holding onto, and completely relax.
With physical movement, restorative yoga, meditation and discussion, you will
- Spend time in silent reflection to find out how and where you hold tension and stress in your physical, mental, and emotional bodies—enabling you to prevent or manage stress more effectively
- Explore several different styles of yoga asana and meditation practice in order to find one that resonates with you
Discover pranayama (breathing exercises), mudras (gestures) and mantras and learn how to incorporate them into your yoga and meditation practice
- Have the opportunity to incorporate other healing modalities during your stay, including Reiki and Reflexology
- Enjoy free time to further nourish your mind and body, perhaps with a walk in nature or an Ayurvedic spa treatment—the choice is yours.
You will emerge refreshed and renewed and with tools to continue your self-care practice at home to reset your mind, body, and spirit whenever needed.
Open to all. The yoga and meditation practices are suitable for beginners and experienced practitioners alike.
Jennifer Melton, RYT-200, has been practicing yoga since 2006. Her dedication to the practice grew after she began experiencing serious panic attacks; gradually, she found that yoga allowed her to manage and then stop these attacks. Through this experience, she discovered her passion for sharing yoga with others and enabling access to the peace and calm that regular meditative work can bring to life. As well as being a certified teacher with the Yoga Alliance Jennifer is a Broga® licensed yoga instructor and a reflexologist.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
Reset. Restore. Renew. Yoga Retreat.
October 17—20, 2019
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
3:00 pm Check-in and explore the retreat center
7:00–7: 20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Dining Hall)
7:30 pm Optional Kirtan at Gita Hall
9:30–11:00 am Gentle Morning Flow with Extended Savasana
11:00–12:30 pm Exploring and Discussing Meditation
2:00–4:00 pm PM Restorative Yoga Infused with Reiki and Guided Meditation.
9:30–10:30 am Morning Flow and Meditation.
10:35–12:30 Chakra workshop
* Invitation to practice Eating Meditation during lunch*
2:00–4:00pm Eating Meditation Discussion. Restorative Yoga infused with Chakra Balancing Reiki.
9:00–11:00 am (Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage can be held at reception)
General Guest Information
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, restorative Ayurvedic spa treatments, guided hiking trails, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth or the weekly Bonfire. Here are more details for your stay:
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00pm, but if you arrive early we will hold luggage at Reception.
6:00-7:00 pm Dinner
7:00-7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Optional Complimentary Activities (Please join only if above mentioned Program schedule permits)
7:30-8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45-10:45 am/4:15-5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30-2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00-3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
1:30-2:30 pm/3:00-4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30-6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30-8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30-10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
7:30-9:30 am Breakfast
12:00-2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00-7:30 pm Dinner
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appoint
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest, high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS—it will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.