How do you want to grow? What do you really want? What are you willing to risk? Dr. Leslie Cary and Pam Lasier want to help you answer these questions and more.
This incredible self-care journey includes daily HeartFire conversations, insights, mindfulness, and reflections inspired by the topic of the day—handcrafted with a perfect balance of exquisite experiences to nourish your mind, body, and spirit. Discover greater vitality and joy in your life as you:
- Restore your body and mind through yoga
- Ease mental tension and stress and experience greater clarity through meditation
- Connect to your creativity in a pottery class
- Reconnect with nature through walks and meditations
- Enjoy personal time for rest and reflection
- Refresh and renew with a rejuvenating spa treatment.
With more than 30 years of collective experience as coaches, educators, public speakers, entrepreneurs, and parents, Dr. Leslie and Pam are devoted to complete wellness—inside and out. Their understanding of the importance of presence and connection in creating a lifestyle of wellness, combined with the sacred space they hold to honor and support your journey, makes them the perfect guides for this exploration of personal growth.
Taking time for yourself is a necessity. When you focus on you—de-stress, refresh, and revitalize—you can experience big change, dream big dreams, and unlock new potentials. You’ll return home with greater clarity, compassion, peace, vigor, and focus.
For everyone interested in reaching their fullest potential in life. The yoga and meditation practices are suitable for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
Items to Bring: Please bring comfortable attire for exercise and walking, indoors and out (walking shoes and layers).
Leslie Cary, Ph.D., is an author, speaker, and licensed marriage and family therapist with more than 18 years of experience working with women, children, and families. Dr. Leslie believes presence, connection, compassion and resilience are the cornerstones of healing. A graduate of the University of Florida, the University of Miami, and Nova Southeastern University, Dr. Leslie is also an adjunct professor at Palm Beach Atlantic University. She is the author of two soon-to-be-released books, Love State and Keeper of the Fire, as well as a mom to three amazing kids. Dr. Leslie loves travel, healthy living, art, reading, and meditation.
Pam Lasier—wellness, grit, resilience, and change-readiness expert—pulls from 30 years of experience as an educator, coach, entrepreneur, and seasoned adventurer. She has a degree in education from Illinois State University, and holds certifications from Martha Beck Life Coaching, Sagefire Institute Nature Based Life Coaching, Dr. Katari School of Laughter Yoga, NASA Group Personal Training Specialist, NOLS Wilderness Medicine Responder, and Reiki Levels I and II. The author of the upcoming book Don’t Forget Your Gypsy Toes: Creating a Mindset to Succeed in Work, Play, and Life, she is also the mother of three adult children and enjoys music, art, hiking, and traveling.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.