Expand your yoga teaching toolkit and embark on an inward journey through the chakras, yoga’s energetic system. Experience profound personal healing through the practices of chakra yoga and emerge with the skills to share this with your students.
The chakra system provides a brilliant map to navigate life and offers powerful tools to open, cleanse, and harmonize the energy centers within yourself and your students. Immerse yourself in five days of Chakra meditation and teachings plus one day of silence and a nature hike on the Blue Ridge.
Designed for yoga teachers of all levels and yoga teachers in training, this chakra immersion will give you greater depth, insight, and practical techniques to lead chakra-inspired yoga classes. Through in-depth study of the seven primary chakras, the subtle body, pranayama, asana, meditation, mantra, and self-reflection, you will
- Expand your knowledge of the chakra system
- Energize and rebalance as you vitalize your own energy centers
- Develop a stronger inward connection with enlivening meditations
- Gain the knowledge and skills to teach chakra-inspired yoga classes.
Items to Bring Mats, blocks, and blankets will be provided, but feel free to bring your own mat and meditation cushion if you prefer.
47 Yoga Alliance and YACEP credit hours available for yoga teachers.
Open to all levels of yoga teachers and trainees.
Val Spies, E-RYT 500, created The Lotus Pond Center for Yoga and Health in 2005, where she directs and teaches the 200-hour and advanced 300-hour yoga teacher trainings. She was originally drawn to yoga through an inner yearning to find peace and comfort in body and spirit. Over the years, yoga became a survival tool as she worked in corporate America and found less and less time for inner peace. After leaving the corporate world, she embarked on her mission to share the benefits of yoga: to bring not only stillness and happiness into your life, but also a total rejuvenation of the body. Her main studies have been through the The Art of Living Center, Kripalu Center, and with master Iyengar teacher, Karin Stephan. yogalotuspond.com
Larissa Hall Carlson is an Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist and Ayurvedic Practitioner. She is also a Yoga Teacher Training Director specializing in mindfulness, pranayama, women’s health, stress relief, and yoga for elite performers. She is co-director for Yoga Journal’s online courses Ayurveda 101 and Ayurveda 201: Ayurvedic Psychology; as well as the former Education Manager of Kripalu’s Institute for Extraordinary Living, and the former Dean of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda. Larissa leads transformative, empowering, and inspiring classes, workshops and trainings around the world. She is known for her exceptional knowledge, deep practice, and professionalism. Learn more: www.larissacarlson.com
Larissa Hall Carlson
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Check in October 4th after 3 pm
Orientation at 7:00 pm Check out October 10th at 10 am
7:15-8:30am – morning yoga class
8:30-9:30am – breakfast
9:30-10:00am – meditation
10:00-12:30 – philosophy/posture clinics
12:30-2:00 – lunch
2:00-6:30 – yoga studies and activities (break at 4pm)
6:30-7:30 – dinner
7:30-8:30 – evening sessions
Additional time off is scheduled for hiking and optional spa services during the full week retreat.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS…It will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, AOLRC signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however guests may enjoy these items in their rooms. That being said our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy and nuts.