Psychologist Dr. Jean Mulloy and Val Spies invite you to immerse yourself in the nurturing setting of the Blue Ridge Mountains for a weekend retreat that will help you move forward on your healing journey.
Dr. Mulloy experienced the loss of her sister at the young age of 10 and specializes in grief counseling in her practice of 20 years. The love of Val’s life passed away last summer during the pandemic. Together, they combine the healing aspects of therapeutic workshops with yoga, breath-work, meditation, and Ayurveda.
In this experiential healing workshop, you’ll discover
- A yoga and meditation sequence to come into the present moment and relax
- Stress-relieving breathwork
- New ways to deal with old feelings.
This weekend will inspire hope and open new pathways to the road ahead. There will be time for introspection as well as time for the joyous experience of embracing the beauty of the mountains!
Special Note Participants are encouraged to schedule massage treatments at Shankara Ayurveda Wellness to enhance the relaxing atmosphere of the weekend.
Val Spies, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Chopra Ayurveda Teacher, and founder of Heart Space Refuge for Grief, created The Lotus Pond Center for Yoga and Health in 2005, where she directs and teaches the 200-hour and advanced 300-hour yoga teacher trainings. …
Dr. Jean Mulloy, a licensed psychologist for more than 20 years, specializes in grief therapy in her own private practice. Jean experienced grief at a young age. She has since developed her own daily practice of meditation and has witnessed its ability to unlock potential. Jean finds it uplifting and rewarding to help people take charge of their lives and relationships—to feel the value and meaning of life under all kinds of conditions and circumstances.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Heart Space Grief Retreat
October 29–November 1, 2021
Schedule TBA; check back soon.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.