Yoga Alliance CEUs available.
No one has escaped the trying experiences of 2020. If you are a teacher who provides support for your students, you may find these difficult times have depleted your energy and taken a toll on your emotional well-being.
The Lotus Pond Yoga Teacher Training Center director, Val Spies, and lead teacher Ryan Devin, have lovingly crafted this yoga immersion to nurture, support, and inspire new awakenings in your teaching and personal practice.
After leading retreats at the Art of Living Retreat Center for 7 years, Val and Ryan have created this immersion to breathe new energy into the coming year and deliver new awakenings for teachers to bring their expression of yoga to higher ground!
Through practice teachings and heartfelt group experiences, this training explores
- Daily yoga practices that bring light to new verbiage and replenishment of the teacher’s inner strength and creativity
- Guidance in drawing upon the dynamic teacher within
- Philosophical teachings that can be infused into the yoga asana class
- Revealing meditations and silence that illuminate the unlimited possibilities.
Throughout the week, retreat attendees will experience powerful demonstrations of yoga class deliveries ranging from gentle to advanced, plus some fun with Acro Yoga attuned to all student levels. We’ll also take an exhilarating hike on the Blue Ridge and participate in other joyous group activities that are sure to lift everyone’s spirit.
You’ll walk away with new found hope, inspiration and a fresh approach to both life and teaching.
Items to Bring Clothing comfortable for yoga practice, a journal, and hiking clothes.
This program is for yoga teachers of all levels and advanced practitioners.
This program offers CEU’s for Yoga Alliance.
Val Spies, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Chopra Ayurveda Teacher, and founder of Heart Space Refuge for Grief, created The Lotus Pond Center for Yoga and Health in 2005, where she directs and teaches the 200-hour and advanced 300-hour yoga teacher trainings. …
Ryan Devin, E-RYT 500, has been leading yoga classes, workshops and retreats for 7 years. He teaches elderly students as well as advanced inversion workshops with the same vigor and bright inspirations. His studies in holistic health and anatomy create a stable and safe environment for students and his fun/light-hearted spirit is uplifting for everyone.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Higher Ground Retreat for Yoga Teachers 2021
Check in 4:00pm,
Sunday, October 24
Meet and Greet 5:30pm / Session 7:00-8:30pm
Friday, October 29
Check out by 11:00am; no training session, lunch is included.
Daily Schedule / Monday–Thursday
7:15–8:30 am Morning Yoga Class
8:30–9:30 am Breakfast
9:30–12:30 Meditation, Philosophy, Posture Clinic
12:30–2:30 Lunch & Free Time
2:30–6:00 Afternoon Session
>7:00–8:15 Evening Session
Wednesday, scenic hike on the Blue Ridge
Friday morning checkout/no class.
The Lotus Pond Center/Val Spies 813-956-3506
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.