Yoga Alliance CEUs available.
The Lotus Pond Yoga Teacher Training Center director, Val Spies, and lead teacher Ryan Devin, have lovingly crafted an inviting experience in nature to take you on a journey of self-exploration, balance, and transformation.
This retreat is the perfect opportunity celebrate Fall, shed limiting beliefs, and invite new possibilities into your life as you immerse in the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Through yoga, meditation, philosophy, nature exploration and heartfelt group experiences, you’ll
- Gain insight to good health
- Balance your well-being with Ayurveda
- Clear your mind and find stillness
- Understand the software of the mind
- Reconnect with joy through nature
- Celebrate mind, body, and spirit.
Throughout the week, experience powerful yoga and meditation classes as well as philosophical teachings and Ayurvedic practices that boost energy, increase mental clarity and promote wellness. We’ll also take an exhilarating hike on the Blue Ridge and participate in other joyous group activities that are sure to lift everyone’s spirit.
You’ll walk away with inspiration for a yoga and mediation practice that stills the mind, relieves stress and brings clarity and inner peace.
Items to Bring Clothing comfortable for yoga practice, a journal, and hiking clothes.
This program is for yoga students of all levels (6 months experience to advanced) and yoga teachers.
This program offers CEU’s for Yoga Alliance.
Val Spies and Ryan Devin are lead teachers for the Lotus Pond Yoga Teacher Training School and have been guiding yoga retreats for a total of 20 years. Val is a Kripalu/Yoga Alliance 300hr teacher plus a Deepak Chopra Ayurveda/Meditation teacher and Health Coach. Ryan is a 300hr yoga & anatomy teacher with a degree in alternative medicine.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Premium 1-Bedroom Apartment w/Loft
- Fully Furnished 995 sq. ft. apartment(Max: 4 persons)
- 1 king bed and 2 twin beds or 1 Full Bed
- Washer & Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- A Desk, chairs, and nightstand
- Flat-screen TV with Cable
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Refrigerator | Stove Range | Microwave
Yoga and Nature Retreat
Wednesday, October 26
4:00 pm Check in
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm AOLRC Orientation
7:30–9:00 pm Program Session
Sunday, October 30
No session on departure day
7:30–9:30 am Breakfast
11:00 am Check out (luggage may be stored at reception)
12:00 pm Lunch
Daily Schedule / Thursday–Saturday
7:15–8:30 am Morning Yoga Class
8:30–9:30 am Breakfast
9:30 am–12:30 pm Program Session
12:30–2:30 pm Lunch & Free Time
2:30–6:00 pm Program Session
6:00–7:30 pm Dinner
7:30–8:30 pm Program Session or Kirtan
The Lotus Pond Center/Val Spies 813-956-3506
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.
On-Campus Program FAQs
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.