Join Dr. Judith Orloff for a special self-care retreat for empaths, highly sensitive people, and everyone with an open, caring heart who is prone to overwhelm and burnout. You’ll have the opportunity to network with other empaths, take a break from you daily demands, and focus on your precious sensitive-self. Dr. Orloff will lead you through balancing meditations to replenish yourself and show you self-protection techniques to keep you centered and strong in the world. She will demonstrate how to work with her new book Thriving as an Empath and its companion workbook The Empath’s Empowerment Journal. You’ll also have a chance to ask her specific questions about your experience as an empath and dialogue with other sensitive souls.
Participants will learn how to
- Embrace their own unique magic
- Stop absorbing other people’s stress
- Deal with overwhelm
- Balance their personal and social needs
- Set healthy boundaries
- Practice self-soothing techniques and self-compassion
- Prevent sensory overload which can lead to addictions, overeating, anxiety and exhaustion
- Tune into the elements, seasons, moon phases, and solstices.
Empaths can’t keep up a busy, non-stop schedule forever without suffering exhaustion or overload. This weekend will be a sacred time of replenishment and sharing that will restore your mind, body, and soul. Being an empowered empath is key to your well-being. More than ever the world needs the gifts you have to offer!
Items to Bring A journal and comfortable clothing.
Open to everyone; yoga teachers, bodyworkers, and healthcare professionals might find it particularly helpful.
Judith Orloff, MD is the New York Times best-selling author of The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People. Her new book Thriving as an Empath along with its companion The Empath’s Empowerment Journal offers daily self-care tools for sensitive people. …
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Self-Care Retreat for Empaths and Sensitive People
May 13–15, 2022
Your Program Session Times
(subject to change)
Friday 7:30-9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am (Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage can be held at reception)
Arrival Day 4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception. 6:00–7:00 pm Dinner 7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Mealtimes 7:30–9:30 am Breakfast 12:00–2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day) 6:00–7:30 pm Dinner
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
7:30–8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class | Gita Hall; during program dates only.
9:45–10:45 am and 4:15–5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class | Sattva Studio
11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session | Sattva Studio
1:30–2:00 pm Yoga Nidra | Sattva Studio; Saturdays and Sundays only.
2:00–3:15 pm Property Tour | Starts at Reception; Saturdays only.
1:30–2:30 pm and 3:00–4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk | Starts at Reception; Saturdays only.
5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session | Sattva Studio
7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan | Gita Hall
8:30–10:00 pm Bonfire | Below Veda 2 Weather permitting; Saturdays only.
Optional Activities with Additional Fees
To ensure availability, please register for these activities by calling 800-392-6870 prior to your arrival.
Ayurveda Cooking Class $35 (1 hour) Thursday and Saturday Only Learn how to best nourish your specific body type and thrive in every season.
Pottery Class $30 (1 hour) Thursday to Sunday Explore your creativity. Get hands-on experience in throwing on the wheel, hand-building and decorating handmade pots.
Shankara Ayurveda Wellness Appointments (Additional Cost)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily We invite you to make reservations for consultations, treatments, and therapies at the award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.