The Volunteer Training Program (VTP) at the Art of Living Retreat Center is a rigorous and comprehensive training that empowers you with the knowledge and confidence to become a dynamic speaker and introductory workshop facilitator for Art of Living programs.
During this experiential program, you
- Discover Padma Sadhana, a rejuvenating yoga flow to align body and mind with nature
- Learn to facilitate 1-hour Art of Living introductory sessions, including knowledge on the nature of our mind and the value of breathing and meditation techniques to enhance quality of life
- Qualify to lead several Art of Living Breathing and Meditation techniques
- Gain tools, insights, and skills to organize SKY Breath Meditation workshops in your community
- Master the techniques, tips, and tricks for clear and concise communication, public speaking, service leadership, and community engagement.
The joy in being of service to others is much greater than the joy of giving or receiving, and the best form of service is to uplift someone’s mind. When we are of service to others, we can experience another level of happiness and contentment. You find that sharing the knowledge you have gained on this path leads to greater happiness and fulfillment in your own life. Along with developing a greater sense of community through VTP, you enhance your confidence, awareness, public speaking, teamwork, leadership abilities, and spiritual practice.
Upon completion of training, you are qualified to lead introductory sessions for family and friends, in your community, and at the Art of Living Retreat Center, and will be presented with many more volunteer opportunities. This is an opportunity to join an ever-growing national community of volunteers dedicated to creating a happier and healthier society.
For those considering becoming an Art of Living Teacher, VTP fulfills a key requirement on that track.
- Art of Living Happiness or SKY Breath Workshop
- Art of Living Sahaj Samadhi Meditation
Sahaj Samadhi is a meditation technique that provides a personalized mantra that aids the mind in settling down and going within. It facilitates deep inner peace and increases self-awareness, clarity, and creativity. And you can become fully proficient in just a few hours!
Zoom Information Sessions
Want to know more?
Sign up here and we’ll notify you when the next Zoom information sessions are scheduled. These 45-minute information sessions are the perfect opportunity to learn more about the program and speak directly with the teachers.
ON CAMPUS AUGUST 3–6
Thursday, August 3
Arrival and Check-in: Before Orientation
Orientation 5:30 pm, followed by dinner
Workshop 6:30–9:30 pm
Friday, August 4 6:30 am–9:30 pm
Saturday, August 5 6:30 am–9:30 pm
Sunday, August 6 6:30 am–4:00 pm
Wednesday, August 9 7:30–9:30 pm
Wednesday, August 16 7:30–9:30 pm
Sadhana (spiritual practices) are instructor lead in the classroom each day.
Patti Montella is a powerful and dynamic speaker, award-winning author, life coach, and senior international Art of Living faculty member who leads life-changing programs at the Center. …
Rooms & Pricing for On-Campus Events
Private Hotel Room
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
- King bed or two full beds
- Flat screen TV
- Private bath
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily delicious vegetarian meals
- Complimentary tea/coffee & fresh fruit
- Daily yoga & meditation classes
- Access to fitness & steam rooms
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to 15 days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between 14 and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
We are committed to the safety of our guests and staff. Our mountaintop location and the surrounding areas are spacious, remote, safe, and secure.
- It is safe to leave your windows open—and necessary for proper airflow!
- Nature surrounds our campus, and it’s common to see rabbits, deer, gophers, wild turkeys, and other small animals. Please give them space, and they’ll do the same for you. We’ve never had a safety incident with animals on campus.
You can help!
- If you come across an animal on campus or a trail, give it space, and please do not attempt to pet or feed it.
- There’s no need to bring valuables to the retreat center; leaving them at home is best.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.