Is your passion for life in need of a pick-me-up? Do you want to feel the joy of creativity flowing freely?
Here is your opportunity to gather with like-minded individuals for an experience which will reignite the fire in your soul – and help you reclaim your purpose on this planet.
Using the timeless power of yoga and meditation, you will move beyond everyday life and connect with a greater way of living. During each practice, you will journey through the bounds of a typical yoga class experience and explore your edge in a higher state of consciousness.
Using yoga asana, meditation, Yoga Nidra, lifestyle and wellness education, and philosophical teachings you will:
- Feel more in touch with yourself and with the world around you
- Expand your understanding of yoga and meditation
- Benefit from the attention and guidance of two experienced teachers dedicated to the practice of yoga
- Explore the power of yogic breathing techniques
- Discover how Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga, and teachings from the Bhagavad Gita, can deeply enhance your life
You will take home an embodied understanding of yoga and a deep connection to your intuition.
Val Spies, E-RYT 500, created The Lotus Pond Center for Yoga and Health in 2005, where she directs and teaches the 200-hour and advanced 300-hour yoga teacher trainings. She was originally drawn to yoga through an inner yearning to find peace and comfort in body and spirit. Over the years, yoga became a survival tool as she worked in corporate America and found less and less time for inner peace. After leaving the corporate world, she embarked on her mission to share the benefits of yoga: to bring not only stillness and happiness into your life, but also a total rejuvenation of the body. Her main studies have been through the The Art of Living Center, Kripalu Center, and with master Iyengar teacher, Karin Stephan. yogalotuspond.com
Ryan Devin E-RYT 500 is co-teacher on the Lotus Pond training programs. He has a bachelors degree in alternative medicine and is a certified teacher of AcroVinyasa, and a trained Yoga Nidra facilitator. Together, Val and Ryan take a heart-led approach to teaching and weave in stories and meditative practices inspired by yoga philosophy and elsewhere in order to support their students’ ability to create balanced, joyful and healthy lifestyles.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Check in 3:00pm, Friday, April 26
Meet and Greet 5:30pm / Session 7:00-8:30pm
Daily schedule, Saturday/Sunday for Weekend guests
7:15-8:30 Morning Yoga Class
9:30-11:00 Meditation & Philosophy
11:00-4:00 Lunch & Free Time
4:30-6:00 Afternoon Yoga Class
7:00-8:15 Evening Session
Monday Morning check out / 7:15-8:30 Yoga Class
Daily schedule, Saturday-Thursday for One-Week guests
7:15-8:30 Morning Yoga Class
9:30-12:30 Meditation, Philosophy, Posture Clinic
12:30-2:30 Lunch & Free Time
2:30-6:00 Afternoon Session
7:00-8:15 Evening Session
Schedule variation: Tuesday, midday hike to Glen Burney Falls
Friday Morning check out / No class
Call in advance for a Spa Reservations, 800-368-5168
Suggested Spa time: Book at the start of lunch time
(ask a friend to box a lunch for you to eat after your treatment).
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt.
Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
*If a spa appointment is made during a Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner, guests may request a meal to be boxed for
pickup by asking spa reception.
The Lotus Pond Center / Val Spies 813-956-3506
Optional Saturday Activities
Guided Nature Walk
1:30-2:30pm or 3-4pm
2-3pm, 3-4pm or 4-5pm
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS…It will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, AOLRC signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however guests may enjoy these items in their rooms. That being said our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy and nuts.