This light and delicious dessert combines the richness of nuts and seeds with the exotic flavor of mangoes. Make it in advance and refrigerate until time to eat it. You can enjoy this luscious dessert often, knowing it is loaded with nutrients.
Chia seeds have a good amount of protein and fiber. In your stomach, they absorb liquids and expand leaving you feeling full. Studies show eating them after a meal can help reduce blood sugar spikes.
The combination of cashews, mangoes and chia seeds provide a good helping of Vitamin C plus a range of minerals to help you stay healthy.
2 Large fresh mangoes; peeled and cored
1/2 cup (80g) Chia seeds
2 cups (480ml) Coconut milk (full-fat canned coconut milk makes this really rich and delicious, but you can definitely use a light coconut milk, or a different plant milk and it will still be yummy!)
4 Tbsp Maple syrup (We used maple syrup for the sweetener, but if you want to, you can omit the maple syrup and see if the mango alone makes it sweet enough for you. You can always drizzle it over the top before serving if it’s not sweet enough.)
Handful of cashews (or pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts—any nut or seed of your choice for garnish and crunch!)
- Add the flesh of one of the mangoes to the blender or food processor and process into a purée.
- Chop the other mango into chunks.
- Add the chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup, and puréed mango to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Then add in the chopped mango and mix it in, saving a few chunks to use for a topping.
- Place the mixture into the fridge for 15 minutes and then bring it out and give it a stir and then put it back into the fridge for another 15 minutes.
- Spoon it out into four serving glasses, top with the remaining chunks of chopped mango and nuts or seeds of your choice, and serve.