Your primary dosha type is:
Your nature is to flow like water—languid, peaceful, and life-giving Kapha.
Elements: Earth and Water
The Kapha dosha is ruled by water. Your nature is gentle and relaxed—slow and steady is your daily mantra. The languid language of kapha dosha is familiar to you.
There’s no point in rushing. You’re thorough, soft, and devoted to your loved ones. Those with a primarily Kapha constitution don’t get angry often. When all is well, you’re patient and kind, steadfast and loyal. When imbalanced, you can become insecure and apathetic. The key to embodying the positive elements of kapha is to remain active. Stimulating energy and circulation is critical— whether it’s through movement or eating hot foods that boost circulation. Physically, kapha individuals are heavier set, strong, and have thick hair. Your skin is on the oilier side, which means you have fewer wrinkles than most people. The downside is you may be prone to clogged pores, baggy eyes, and acne.
What to Avoid
- Heavy oily fried foods, refined sugar and carbohydrates.
- Cold foods and beverages can create stagnation.
- Being too sedentary— keep moving!
- Wet and cold climates often create imbalance for Kapha.
What to Include
- Eat foods that are spicy, light, warming, and easy to digest—chili, radish, onion, legumes, and fibrous vegetables.
- Keep your space as warm and dry as possible.
- Herbs that help balance kapha include: ginger, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne, black pepper.
- Exercise daily to the point of sweating, endurance type movement practices like running, cycling, or swimming work wonders for kapha types.
- Treat your skin with light nourishing bioactive ingredients that help gently cleanse and moisturize without stripping the skin of it’s natural oils.
How to Care for Kapha Skin
Kapha skin has the potential to be absolutely radiant. It’s the most naturally glowing and healthy skin type of all the doshas. When kapha dosha is imbalanced, your skin can become oily, and you may be prone to acne eruptions, clogged pores, and bags under the eyes.
Take care to never strip the skin of natural oils as this could worsen the problem. Instead, nourish and rejuvenate with natural ingredients that help calm kappa imbalance and have a gentle cleansing effect that encourages balance..
Look for these ingredients:
Witch hazel, lemongrass, hibiscus, neem, rosemary, olive leaf, thyme, manijsta, green tea and orris root.